iTunes 12.6.3: How To Download & Install From AppStore
This guide is all about downloading and installing iTunes 12.6.3 from AppStore On Mac and Windows. But, Did you miss App Store on iTunes? Now, you don’t need to worry about it! The reason is that Apple has released an iTunes 12.6.3. This is an alternative version of iTunes that can also retain the ability to download and then install iOS apps. You can directly download and install the iTunes application on a computer. Also, App management using iTunes is a popular feature. So, this will also remove from iTunes 12.7 in favor of managing apps directly on iOS devices instead.
Also, Apple apparently releases iTunes 12.6.3. This is an alternative version because this has a “certain business partners might still need to use iTunes to install apps.” In this case, if you are not a “business partner” then you can still download and then install iTunes 12.6.3. You can also use the version of iTunes and you have to manage apps with an iPhone or iPad that will connect through a Mac or Windows PC.
So, iTunes 12.6.3 is also available to download for Mac and Windows users. This can easily install it over iTunes 12.7 and you have to regain the native iOS App Store functionality. Now, it is from the improved iPhone and iPad app management. Now, the Users who would like to have the iOS App Store functionality in iTunes. This is on their computers again that should also download and then install the alternative iTunes release. On the other hand, ease of installation also prevents the need to downgrade iTunes 12.7. Now, the fiddle with the somewhat hidden iTunes 12.7 method. This is of transferring apps and ringtones to an iPhone or iPad.
How To Download iTunes 12.6.3 with iOS App Store Support?
Now, You can also download iTunes 12.6.3 from the Apple support page. This is by using the direct download links that are below which also point to the files directly on Apple servers:
- First of all, you have to Download iTunes 12.6.3 for Mac or Windows from Apple support.
- If you want to DIRECT DOWNLOAD: Get iTunes 12.6.3 DMG for Mac
- To DIRECT DOWNLOAD: iTunes 12.6.3 for Windows, 32-bit
- The DIRECT DOWNLOAD: iTunes 12.6.3 for Windows PC, 64-bit
You have to choose a direct download link that will also start the file download for iTunes 12.6.3 immediately. Now, the download is all about 280 MB. This can also install that is just like any of the other software onto a Mac or PC.
Ways to get the App Store back:
You can also access the App Store, apps, or Tones in iTunes 12.6.3. This will basically get the same as prior versions of iTunes. So, here is all that is necessary to get app management and then the iOS App Store back in iTunes again:
- First of all, you have to download and install iTunes 12.6.3 onto the computer. Then you can also install it over iTunes 12.7 or a prior release version.
- You have to launch iTunes as usual.
- After that, you can also select the pulldown menu that is available in the upper left corner.
- Then Choose the “Apps” or “Tones” option.
- Now, Under the “Apps” if you will find the app library, updates, and then an ‘App Store’ option. You have to be able to download apps directly into the App Store using iTunes again.
In case, if you connect an iPhone or iPad to iTunes 12.6.3. Also, select the device by clicking on the tiny little icon in the title bar of the app. Then you will also have direct access to apps and the tones on the device that is through iTunes again as well.
Note: In case, if you are having a problem with the “iTunes Library. itl” file. Then after installing iTunes 12.6.3. You can also quit out of iTunes and then navigate to the ~/Music/iTunes/. Also, create the backup of the iTunes Library. itl file by renaming it. After that, this will also open up the Previous iTunes Libraries/ and then copy the most recent version of that iTunes file. This is also available in the ~/Music/iTunes/ directory.
Ways TO INSTALL ITUNES 12.6.3 ON WINDOWS AND MAC:
- You have to download the installer that is for your operating system. This is by using the links above.
- Also, you can simply run the installer and then install it over your current version.
- In case, if your version will now show up as 12.6.3, not 12.7. Then you will now need to upgrade an iTunes manually by using the installer of the latest version.
- You just have to remember that your existing iTunes library. This won’t also become compatible after installing this update. Now, you must have access to an old backup of your previous library. After that, you can also create a new Library from scratch.
- After that, you have to create a new library. Then press the Shift (Windows) or Option (Mac) and then run the iTunes.
So, this is a blessing for those who download heavy apps for their devices.
Ways to fix the ‘iTunes Library. itl’ problem:
In case, if you had iTunes 12.7 and this also wants to replace it with iTunes 12.6.3. So, there are a few more steps that you need to do. Also, you have to reassign the library that iTunes uses. The reason is that iTunes doesn’t like it if you are using a previous version to access a library. Also, it will create it by the current version. Now, you will also see the message below. You have to click on the Quit option. Also, you do not need to click on Download iTunes, because this will also download iTunes 12.7. So, Here is how to fix it:
- You have to go to your Applications folder and then look for the iTunes icon. After that, Hold down on the Option key while you double-click on to iTunes.
- Now, you should also see the message above. Then you can also click on the Create Library. So, this will also make a brand-new library. In case, if you click on the Choose Library option. This is also possible to access an older library this is just like the one you had before installing iTunes 12.7.
- Now, you can also click on Choose Library, then it should automatically take you to your iTunes folder. Also, if not, then you will find it in your Music folder. Then you may have a folder called the Previous iTunes Libraries (see below). You have to open that folder, and then look for a recent .itl file. Now, select this and click on the Open button. In case, if it is not the library you want. Then you can also redo these steps and select a different one.itl file.
- In the next step, you have to select your library file or you can also create a new one. An iTunes will also launch and then you will also find the iOS app store. This is as well as the sections to organize your iOS apps.
Now, Downloading and installing iTunes 12.6.3 also stops iTunes. This is from asking the user to download any new versions. In case, if you want to stay on iTunes 12.6.3. This is with the App Store, ringtones, and some of the other features. Now, this is also removed from future versions, then you can easily do so.
An iTunes 12.6.3 also supports all of the existing iPhone and iPad devices. Now, this will also release the support of the iPhone X. Also, including iPhone 8, and iPhone 8 Plus, meaning users of the newest model iPhone hardware. This will also have full iTunes support that is without needing to bother with iTunes 12.7.
This is an alternative version of iTunes that can also retain the ability to download and then install iOS apps. You can directly download and install the iTunes application on a computer. Also, App management using iTunes is a popular feature. So, this will also remove from iTunes 12.7 in favor of managing apps directly on iOS devices instead. Also, Apple apparently releases iTunes 12.6.3.
In case, if you have been having difficulty adapting to the removal of the App Store in iTunes 12.7. Then you will likely appreciate it by installing iTunes 12.6.3 and then by getting app management back again. You have to check it out.