iTunes Library Locked: How You Can Solve This Issue?
Most of the time iTunes start showing the error of “iTunes Library Locked”. If you can try to start the Apple iTunes for Windows. You can also try on MacOS then you can get an error message that can say: The error is The iTunes Library. itl file is locked on a locked disk or you can do not have write permission for this file.
Also, it can happen and this is the common reason at somehow the iTunes Library. itl file that can get and then set as read-only. Now you can also fix this by doing the following steps.
Some of The steps That can help you to resolve the iTunes Library Locked error:
The Windows step 1: The Windows File Settings
- First of all, you have to navigate to the location of your iTunes Library. itl file. So, that it can usually found at the given location in C Drive. C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes
- After that, you have to Right-click on the “iTunes Library. itl” file and then you can choose the Properties.
- Then you can also uncheck the Read-only option.
- In case, if you can have a Security tab and then select it. You just have to make sure that your account has the Full Control permissions to the file. Then you don’t have this tab then ignore this step.
- Now click on the OK button
The Windows Step 2: To Resolve iTunes Library Locked error Using Attribute
So, this is the option that is for the expert users who know their way around a Command Prompt. You can also use these steps that will also set the iTunes folder where they are readable again.
- Then you have to open a Command Prompt by pressing the Windows Key + R command in the command prompt.
- Now you have to type the CMD and then press the Enter button.
- You just have to navigate to the location where the music files are located. By using the Windows 10 users so that it is normally in the C drive. Also, the path is given you can easily navigate to the path C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media
- After that, type the attrib *.* -r +a -s -h /s command and then press the Enter button.
So, this command can take a few minutes to run it. But when it can complete then you can try to open iTunes again.
Using the MacOS Option
- You can easily exit from iTunes.
- In Mac, You can perform it from the Finder and then press the Command Shift, and then press the G button.
- You have to type the following address ~/Music/iTunes/ and then press Enter.
- By using the iTunes folder there should be an iTunes Library. itl file. Then you can rename this file to the iTunes Library. old.
- Now you can easily open the Previous iTunes Libraries and the folder.
- Then you can find a file that can say the iTunes Library <date>.itl. This is where the <date> is the most current date that you can find.
- You just have to move the iTunes Library <date>.itl file in order to the ~/Music/iTunes/ and the folder.
- After that, you can rename the iTunes Library <date>.itl file to the iTunes Library.itl.
- Then you can now try to order to start iTunes.
In case if none of the above steps can work for you. Then it may be a bit more complex. Most of the people I have told me they just delete the iTunes Library. itl file or delete everything in the following path C:\Users\username\Music\iTunes. Also, the folder that can except the iTunes Media and then it can work for them. You can also think that it is very risky in order to do that from that you could lose data. Then you may want to give that a try if you are desperate.
Related articles: How to Review your PayPal Login History
You can also try on MacOS then you can get an error message that can say: The error is The iTunes Library. itl file is locked on a locked disk or you can do not have write permission for this file. Also, it can happen and this is the common reason at somehow the iTunes Library. itl file that can get and then set as read-only.
Hope This Article will help you to solve this issue.