Limbo PC Emulator: Use Windows XP Emulator On Limbo
So, guys today you will learn that how to use the Limbo PC Emulator. Let’s get started! Using Microsoft Windows operating system has been in almost complete dominance of the PC market. From this, it also provided you the first released in 1985. So, we all remember that this is a good release like Windows 7. Then unforgettable releases like Windows Millenium are ones that we would sooner forget.
This is also one of the best Windows releases to date is Windows XP. It is with a small number of users that will continue to use this 20-year-old operating system on their PC. In case, if you want to experiment with XP today. Then you could also use a Windows XP emulator on Android this is by using the Limbo app.
Explain: What Is a Windows XP Emulator?
So, An emulator is software that will allow you to run the software on a device it wasn’t made for. Now, for the instance, you could also run an Android emulator on Windows. Also, you will have to give them access to your Android apps. This is without needing to own an Android device yourself.
Now, the Emulators will also create the right conditions for the older software to work. In this case, the most common emulators are also game emulators. It will also allow you to play old console games on your PC. In this case, the consoles such as the Wii U can be emulated.
Now, you can do the same with Windows XP. Having a Windows XP emulator is also merely a Windows XP virtual machine. This will also let you run this older system on newer hardware. In this case, the portability of your mobile devices, such as Android smartphones and tablets. This will also make it an obvious choice for running a portable Windows XP emulator.
In this case, you can also control this from your Android device or use VNC. You have to turn XP into a remote desktop. This will also let you connect and then control it from another device such as your PC.
How To Download the Windows XP ISO
So, Before you begin installing your Windows XP emulator. The very first thing that you will need is the Windows XP installation files in the ISO image file format.
In case, if you have an old Windows XP installation CD to hand. Then you can also create an ISO file using it. Notwithstanding the age of the operating system, you will still need a legitimate Windows XP product key to activate Windows.
Now, you don’t have the old XP installation files to hand. Then you may be able to locate these online. This is for the instance, you could also use the files. It will also provide you the part of the Windows XP mode software to create an ISO file. Now, This is also having Microsoft’s own XP emulator, originally for Windows 7 PCs. It is a legitimate source for XP installation files.
When you have the ISO file, then you will also need to move this to your Android device. In this case, if your device has a microSD card, remove and then connect this will have to move to your PC. The very first thing before transferring the ISO file to it, then return the card to your device.
Oppositely, you can use a direct PC-to-Android cabled connection. Now, you have to copy the file to your internal storage. Then you could also use Bluetooth to transfer your files. So, given the size of the ISO file, and could also take some time to complete.
How To Install the Limbo PC Emulator On Android?
When you have the Windows XP installation files that are accessible on your Android device in the ISO file format. Then you will also need to install the Limbo emulator app. So, The emulator is not available in the Google Play Store. Now you will also need to download and install it manually.
Then you could also install the app from your PC using ADB or, alternatively. So, you can also access the Limbo download page from your Android device’s browser and download the latest APK release file (the android-x86-release to emulate PC hardware).
- Now, You will also need to allow the Android APK installations that are available from sources other than Google Play. Now, before you can do this. This will also depend on your Android device version. The Android version will ask you for permission. You have to install this from unknown sources when you attempt to open the APK file. Also, you just have to follow the instructions on-screen to do this.
- When Android has permission to install apps from unknown sources. This will also attempt to open the APK file again. Now, this will also launch the package installer. Click on the Install to authorize the installation of the app.
How To Set Up Windows XP On Limbo Pc emulator Android?
Now, you can also use the Limbo to emulate a PC capable of running Windows XP. This is by using the ISO file to install it on your device.
- First of all, you have to start and then open the Limbo app. Now, you will need to acknowledge the license agreement. If when you have to first launch it, then tap I Acknowledge accepting this.
- Now, you can also begin setting up the right virtual PC. This is for your XP installation from the main Limbo screen. So, this is from the Load Machine drop-down menu, then tap on the Next.
- This will also give you a new virtual machine a name (for instance, Windows XP), then tap Create to confirm.
- A Limbo will also offer you access to a list of Linux operating systems to download. Then click on the Cancel option as you’re installing Windows from the ISO file instead.
Now, you will also need to configure your virtual machine settings. You have to emulate the right PC hardware for XP. Then click on each section to set the following configuration.
- This is Under the CPU/Board, you can also set the settings to the following. An x64 Architecture, PC Machine Type, SandyBridge CPU Model, 2 CPU Cores, 1024 RAM Memory (MB). Now, you can also select higher CPU Cores and RAM Memory (MB) values. In case, if your device has more CPU cores and memory available.
- Now, Under the Disks, and then tap on the checkbox. You have to enable the Hard Disk A. Then you have to select the New from the drop-down menu. This will also give you the image a name. You can also set a minimum size of 2GB, then tap Create.
- Now, Under the Removable. You have to tap on the Open next to the CDROM. Then select the XP ISO file here.
- This is under the Boot, process and then set Hard Disk as the Boot from Device option.
- So, Under Graphics, you can also set VMWare as the Video Display option.
- This is For security reasons, so it isn’t sensible to provide an internet connection to your XP emulator. In case, if you have to understand the risks. Then you can also do this under the Network section before you launch it.
- When your settings are in place, then tap on the play/start button. Then you have to begin just by running the XP emulator on your device.
How To Access The Windows XP Emulator?
In this case, you can also access the Windows XP emulator. This is by using the Limbo app as soon as you can press the Play. Also, the settings that are above and are designed. This will also allow you to use the XP from your device. This is by using the touch screen to move the mouse cursor. Now, you can also use a Bluetooth mouse and also the keyboard for easier access.
You’ll need to follow the on-screen instructions when you first launch your virtual machine to install XP to the virtual hard drive file you created. This will follow a typical XP setup, letting you configure your locale and other XP settings. The installation may take some time to complete.
When XP is installed, then you can also begin using it. This is how it was designed to be used. Now, you will also need to remove the XP ISO from the Removable section. You just have to ensure that the ISO file doesn’t load the installer files.
In case, if you want to access the XP remotely. Then you will also need to change the User Interface setting. This is from SDL to VNC to be able to use a VNC client like VNC Viewer on your PC to remotely access the emulator while it runs on your device.
How To Leave Windows XP Behind?
In case if you need to run old software. Then you are just keen to play an old-school PC game. This is by using the Limbo pc emulator to run Windows XP on Android. It will also offer a quick and easy way to do it. Also, if you want a newer operating system to try. Then you could also install Linux on Android. So, this will directly get as a virtual machine.
A Windows XP is also a very old operating system, however. In case, if you know that anybody using XP on their own PC. You just have to make sure to recommend that they will upgrade to Windows 10 urgently to get the newest features and security. Then if you are running Windows 10 yourself, don’t forget to keep Windows updated for the same reasons.
So, this is all about Limbo PC Emulator.
So, we all remember that this is a good release like Windows 7. Then unforgettable releases like Windows Millenium are ones that we would sooner forget. This is also one of the best Windows releases to date is Windows XP. It is with a small number of users that will continue to use this 20-year-old operating system on their PC. In case, if you want to experiment with XP. Then you could also use a Windows XP emulator on Android this is by using the Limbo app.
Hope this guide will help you! Still, if you can’t understand anything in Limbo PC Emulator or any other kind of question let us know in the comments below.