Moto X 2013 5.1 Android Update and More
The Official Android 5.1 Lollipop has been finally rolled-out via Motorola for the Moto X 2013 (Asian Variants) actually. So if you guys have Moto X 2013 XT1052 model that is running on stock Android OS. Then you might receive an OTA Lollipop notification on your device or you can also check the OTA update through navigating to Settings-About Phone – Software Updates as well. We are going to discuss Moto X 2013 5.1 Android Update and More.
However, if you have a rooted device or installed a custom ROM like CyanogenMod, AOKP or ParanoidAndroid. Then you guys will not be able to automatically flash the new Android 5.1 Lollipop through OTA. Or can’t wait for the official update to arrive in your region then you guys can still manually update your Moto X 2013 to official Android 5.1 through following the guidelines from below.
Plus, this updated guide can also be used along with both rooted and locked devices and along with stock or custom ROMs. Through flashing the stock Android 5.1 Lollipop you guys can resolve any software-related issues. Such as bugs, lags, alerts, screen freeze, force close errors, battery drain, boot loops, heating issues, or blackouts as well.
Moto X 2013 5.1 Android Update and More
Motorola has been instant with Android 5.1 updates, and only a few days after we saw the Moto X 2014 Android 5.1 update, we now also have the OTA for Moto X 2013, too, model no. XT1052. You guys can safely download the OTA update and install it manually on your Moto X 1st Gen. If you are waiting for Motorola in order to push the same updates is not exactly to your liking.
Also, this Moto X Android 5.1 OTA is from a UK Moto X. That means you guys should be able to flash it on a variety of Moto X variants. However, excluding the variants at Verizon, Sprint, Verizon, etc. You only have to make sure that you must be on 212.44.26 firmware already. Because this is the base for the 5.1 updates for which it would look before beginning the update process actually. If it does not find your current software to be 212.44.26, the OTA update could fail as well.
- You have to take a proper backup of all your necessary data and settings before proceeding to the installation guide.
- Turn on USB debugging on your phone through going to Settings-About Phone. Click on the build number a few times in order to turn on “Developer Options and then Settings – Developer options. And you need to check the USB debugging.
- Temporarily deactivate antivirus programs from your computer.
- If you guys have rooted your Moto X then after you apply the stock Lollipop OS, the root access will be revoked too.
- Make sure that the battery of Moto X should also be charged at least about 70%.
How to Install Moto X Android 5.1 OTA update
- Moto X Android 5.1 OTA update | File: Blur_Version.212.44.26.ghost_row.Retail.en.GB.zip (669.18 MB)
- Motorola Moto X, 1st Gen, 2013 edition, and model no. XT1052
- Do not try this on Moto X sets at Verizon, Sprint, etc. whose model no. is not XT1052 actually!
- Also, don’t try on any other device whatsoever!
Tip: YOu have to check the model no. in Settings > About phone. Or, you can also find the model no. on the packaging box of the device as well.
Warranty may be void of your device if you guys follow the procedures given on this page. You guys only are responsible for your device. We won’t be liable if any damage that occurs to your device and/or its components.
Backup important stuff. In case your device is cleaned off while following the guide below. It is really good to have a backup of contacts, pictures, videos, and other files already stored on a PC.
- First off, download the official 1st Gen Moto X Android 5.1 OTA update from above.
- Then connect your Moto X to the PC via a USB cable.
- Now you have to transfer the OTA update to the phone’s storage. Keep in mind the location of it.
- Now you have to reboot your Moto X to recovery mode. For this, just:
- Disconnect the phone from the PC, and then Power off it as well.
- Tap and hold both volume buttons along with the power button until you see anything on the screen. This is actually a bootloader mode.
- Now, use the only volume down in order to move the selection to Recovery and then use volume up to choose it and then reboot into recovery mode.
- You have to wait, you are not there yet. You’ll also see a dead Android with an exclamation mark. Just tap and hold both volume buttons for almost 5 seconds and while holding them, tap the power button once. You will also see stock recovery and its options. You must see 3e recovery that is written at the top.
- Now, in stock recovery, just select ‘install the update from sd card’.
- Then, choose the OTA update file via volume buttons for navigation and power button to select a file or enter a folder. When you select the file, then confirm its install and the update will start installing on your device.
- When you do that, you will be back to the main screen of recovery. Choose ‘reboot system now’ in order to restart your device and welcome the official Android 5.1 update from Motorola.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.