Moto X 2014 5.1 Android Update and More
Well, the Moto X 2nd Gen, 2014 edition, has basically received the official Android 5.1 update from the company today. And also the good thing is, the OTA update is available for download and manual installation. So if you guys do not feel like waiting in the queue under the gradual rollout through Motorola, just hit the download link below. And follow our guide in order to install the official Android 5.1 update for 2nd Gen Moto X (2014), model no. XT1092, right away as well. The build no of the Moto X 5.1 update is LPE23.32-25.1 actually. We are going to discuss Moto X 2014 5.1 Android Update and More.
Also, keep in mind that the update is compatible along with selected models only. It’s actually meant for retfr, reteu, retde, and retain as well. Btw, if you guys do not have a compatible device and still try, then it simply won’t install. Hence won’t cause any damage to your device actually.
Btw, as with OTA updates, you guys need to have stock recovery and stock system installed on your device. Well, unrooted and all that! If you guys are using a custom ROM, better go back to official firmware to be able to take this Android 5.1 OTA update actually.
Moto X 2014 5.1 Android Update and More
- reteu general update | mega link
File: Blur_Version.22.121.1.victara_reteu.reteuall.en.EU .zip
(works on many variants like: retin, retfr, reteu, retde, etc.)
- retde specific update |
File: Version.22.121.1.victara_retde.retdeall.en.DE.zip (425 MB)
- retmx specific update | mega link
[For model no. XT1097 only, however, the above two are for XT1092]
You should have check the system version of your Moto X 2014, in Settings > About phone. After the version, the model’s region is mentioned, such as retin, reteu, retde, etc. If your model belongs to retdu, then download the second file above, otherwise, the first one actually.
- Motorola Moto X, 2014 edition, model no. XT1092 (files reteu and retde above as well)
- Motorola MOTO X, 2014 edition, the model no. XT1097 (file retmx above) actually
- Do not try on any other Android device along with a different model no.
Tip: You can check the model no. in Settings > About phone. Or, you could also find the model no. on the packaging box of the device as well.
Warning: The warranty may be void of your device if you guys follow the procedures that is given on this page. Well, you only are responsible for your device. We won’t actually be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components actually.
Backup important stuff. In case your device is wiped off when following the guide below, it’s really good to have a backup of contacts, pictures, videos, and all other files already saved on computer.
- First, you have to download the official Moto X Android 5.1 OTA update from above.
- Then connect your Moto X to the PC through a USB cable.
- Now transfer the OTA update to the phone’s storage. Also, remember the location of it.
- You guys have to reboot your Moto X to recovery mode.
- Disconnect the phone from the computer, and then Power it off.
- Tap and hold both volume buttons along with the power button until you guys see anything on the screen. This is actually a bootloader mode.
- Now, use the only volume down in order to move the selection to Recovery. And then use volume up to choose it and reboot into recovery mode.
- Wait, you guys are not there yet. You guys will see a dead Android with an exclamation mark. Just tap and hold both volume buttons for around 5 seconds and when holding them, press the power button just once. You guys will see stock recovery and its options.
- In stock recovery, and select ‘install the update from sd card’.
- Now, choose the OTA update file through volume buttons for navigation and power button in order to choose a file or enter a folder. When you choose the file, confirm its install and then the update will start installing on your device as well.
- When you do that, you guys will be back to the main screen of recovery. Choose ‘reboot system now’ in order to restart your device and welcome the official Android 5.1 update from Motorola actually.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.
Also See: Moto X 2013 5.1 Android Update and More