Moto Z and Moto Z Force Bootloader Unlock
Well, unlocking the bootloader of Moto Z or Moto Z Force is actually a first step towards installing a custom recovery such as TWRP, or rooting the device. Both of which are a lot of fun, however, make sure that such a hack is cool with Android Pay before you do this. If you guys plan to use that service as root and Android pay don’t get along mostly. We are going to discuss Moto Z and Moto Z Force Bootloader Unlock. Let’s start!
If you guys have got no concern about rooting, then none for us BTW, then go ahead and unlock the bootloader of your Moto Z as well. You will also have to use Motorola’s site for this, because they give you the unlock token, after you give them the code (as you’ll see soon), in order to turn you on to unlock the bootloader.
- You have a Windows Laptop or PC
- Make sure that your device is charged up to 60% or your smartphone must be charged more than 60 percent.
- We begin the unlocking of the bootloader, we would strongly recommend you in order to create a backup of your device actually.
- Steps in order to Unlock Bootloader on Moto Z
- As you guys know that we already mentioned above, you need to have an unlocked bootloader, and you may also install custom ROMs, restricted apps, on your device actually.
- You should also follow the below steps in order to unlock the bootloader of your device
Moto Z and Moto Z Force Bootloader Unlock
- You have to create an important backup of your Moto Z (or Z Force). This will remove each and everything, so it’s actually good to have a solid backup of your personal files and photos and videos.
- Now install the required driver:
- Then reboot your Moto Z into fast boot mode.
- Turn on USB Debugging on your Moto Z.
- Head into Developer options again, and then turn on the ‘OEM Unlock‘ from there.
- Now reboot Moto Z into Fastboot mode. Then just connect it to your PC.
- Then open a command window. Let’s see how.
- However, holding the shift key, right-tap from the mouse on the white space inside the folder actually. You guys will get a pop-up.
- Choose the option: Open command window
- Now, you have to type this into the command window in order to get the unlock data code.
fastboot oem get_unlock_data
You guys would get a result that actually looks like below.
$ fastboot oem get_unlock_data (bootloader) 0A40040192024205#4C4D3556313230 (bootloader) 30373731363031303332323239#BD00 (bootloader) 8A672BA4746C2CE02328A2AC0C39F95 (bootloader) 1A3E5#1F53280002000000000000000 (bootloader) 0000000
- Now, just open this page on Motorola’s site, where you guys have to copy-paste the string you got in the command window actually. Sign up (use Google+ option thereat in order to make it instant and easy) on Motorola’s page, and then make sure that you are logged in.
- You have to copy the unlock code from the command window. Right-click and select the ‘Mark’ option in the command window. And then drag using the left button of the mouse to choose the unlock code. Then use the right button in order to copy it. You may use Google search for more help regarding copying from the command window actually.
- Now on the Motorola page, paste the unlock code in the field that is provided in step 6 on that page.
- Then, you have to tap on the ‘Can my device be unlocked?‘ button. However, the Droid edition of the Moto Z can’t be unlocked, each and every other piece could be.
- When Motorola confirms you can also unlock your Moto Z. Just use the ‘I Agree‘ option below to agree to terms, and then tap on the ‘Request unlock key’ button.
- You guys will get a pop-up telling you that this will void your device’s warranty as well. Tap on OK in order to confirm it.
- In return, Motorola will then send the unlock key to your email ID. You have to Check your email and download the unlock key Motorola sent you.
- Now, run the following command in order to unlock Moto Z.
fastboot oem unlock UNLOCK_CODE_HERE
Just use the unlock code that you received in the mail, in place of text UNLOCK_CODE_HERE above.
- Just keep an eye on your Moto Z’s screen. It will actually say Unlock, and then Unlocked! The device will then reboot automatically thereafter. You will see a bootloader unlocked warning each and every time you start your Moto Z from now on. However, don’t worry, it’s just okay.
There Are Some Disadvantages Or Risks Of The Bootloader Unlock.
- Because of unlocking, many changes can be made in system parts and functions which is really risky.
- Security of value-added services, banking, and many other confidential apps will actually no longer be available.
- If the bootloader unlocked, your device could be then unsecure, and easily approachable via malware attacks and online thefts.
- Also, anyone can easily flash your device.
- Because of the Unlocking of Bootloader, your smartphone warranty can also be void which is also risky.
- With Bootloader unlocking, you guys may lose any system updates from the company in the future.
- You can also install any custom ROM like Lineage OS, Resurrection Remix ROM, etc. You guys can root your Motorola Moto Z Force Droid smartphone as well.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.