Ways to fix OEM Unlock greyed out Pixel and Disable:
After reading this article you will learn that how to fix the OEM unlock greyed out pixel. You can also get to solve the disabled issue. From this, the users have figured out that their Android phones are capable of more. So that they what the manufacturers offer. By rooting that has been gaining traction. Although if you are trying to enable features such as VoLTE. Then your manufacturer has for some reason to disable it. If you can attempt it to fix a specific error when operating your phone. Also, there are a bunch of hotfixes that rooting your Android can bring you.
By the very first step of rooting your Android device also requires you to Enable OEM to unlock. In which they have a feature that tucks them away in the Developer options. Although some of the users have experienced that this feature is OEM Unlock greyed out Pixel from the Developer options. Apart from the device Android version or manufacturer. You can also strain through the forums in order to find out. Due to this issue, the surfaces on certain devices and how you can fix the Enable OEM Unlock greyed out Pixel option yourself.
Also see: The Best Asus Phones That You Can Buy
Some of the Reasons why the OEM Unlock option could be greyed out
1. You recently unlocked/re-locked the bootloader
if you Consider that certain Android OEMs can regard your warranty as void. When you unlock the bootloader then it is safe to assume that they are not completely supportive of you doing it. By the way, when you do unlock or relock the bootloader of your Android device. Then you can also Unlock the OEM option from the Developer options that can be grey out. With some of the devices, the users also have experienced that the system greys out the option for a period of 7 days. Also, this could be vary based on the devices.
2. OEM Unlock greyed out Pixel: The bootloader is already unlocked:
With this, there is a no-brainer as it may seem with one of the reasons. So that you are unable to toggle the OEM Unlock button in the Developer options. This could be because the bootloader of your Android device is already unlocked.
By the other devices that are running Android 7.x Nougat. Its option is automatically greyed out. When the bootloader of the device has been unlocked earlier. If you want to confirm this theory then you can check to see if the bootloader of your device is unlocked or not.
- First of all, you have to open Developer options and then you can enable USB debugging.
- Now launch the Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool on the computer. Then connect your phone using a USB cable.
- After that type in the following command to make sure your device is detected by the computer. You have to enter the following command. The ADB devices
- In this step, you have to enter the following command to put your device into bootloader mode. The ADB reboot bootloader.
- By using the device screen then you will be able to see the DEVICE STATE. Then the locked or unlocked confirming if the bootloader status.
- In this case, if it says unlocked then it means that because the bootloader is already unlocked. Now the OEM unlock option also grey out. Then the system as its purpose has already served in it.
The OEM Unlock may not be available for certain devices and regions:
The undesirable is that it may be to the end-user. Now the brand that you can purchase your Android device from then and even the network carrier. So that your device is tied and can determine how you can use your mobile phone. By the OEM Unlock option, this can directly depend on many network carriers. So that if the network carrier has set the status of the bootloader to locked. Then there is no way around it. In the many Android OEMs, they offer the ability to unlock the bootloader.
The Miscellaneous solutions for greyed out OEM Unlock option:
The cluster of users also reports that the missing ability to enable OEM Unlock on their Android devices. They can also restore it and after clearing out with a device and the cache and even performing a factory reset.
To Wipe cache partition:
- You have to Turn off the Android device and then press and hold the Volume Up button. After that, you can press the Power button both at the same time
- Now Release the Power button when the logo appears. Then continue to hold the Volume Up button.
- With the Android recovery screen, you can use the Volume Down button. In order to navigate down to wipe cache partition and then press the Power button to select it.
- After that use the Volume Down button to select Yes. Then click on the delete all user data and then press the Power button to confirm.
- You just have to wait for the reset to finish and then press on the Power button. Then you can promote it with the message to Reboot system now.
To perform a factory reset:
- If you want to turn off the device, then you can press and hold the Volume Up and Power button at the same time.
- Now you can release the Power button when the Samsung logo appears on the screen. This can continue to hold the Volume Up button.
- If the Android recovery screen can use the Volume Down button. Then you can navigate down to wipe data/factory reset. After that press the Power button to select it.
- In this case, you can use the Volume Down button in order to select Yes. Then delete all user data and then press the Power button to confirm.
- You just have to wait for the reset to finish and press the Power button. They can also prompt it with the message to the Reboot system now.
So, this is all about the OEM unlock greyed out pixel and also disable it.
Related article: How To Fix The Issue “Gboard Not Working” On Android
You can also get to solve the disabled issue. From this, the users have figured out that their Android phones are capable of more. So that they what the manufacturers offer. The first step of rooting your Android device also requires you to Enable OEM to unlock. In which they have a feature that tucks them away in the Developer options. Although some of the users have experienced that this feature is OEM Unlock greyed out Pixel from the Developer options.