Resolve the Issue: SSD Not Showing Up: Guide
The SSD drives are steadily replacing the ancient & traditional HDDs and most new PCs now utilize this new type of drive. Though, these are not without problems. One of the problems that you guys could face whilst use these drives is your SSD not showing up on your PC.
Whether that ever takes place, so then you will also find that you recently bought SSD unable to be accessed. Just because that it just does not seem to appear anywhere. It does not display in File Explorer, in Command Prompt, & even in Disk Management.
Basically, a few things that you are also able to do to fix the new SSD not showing up on your machine.
Unplug Other Drives From Your PC
However, when your SSD is not showing up in BIOS & on the basic OS interface, the first thing you will like to do is disconnect all other drives from your PC. What it is heading to do is it will prevent your PC from being confused as to what drive to mount in File Explorer.
Whether there is a problem with the other drives connected to your PC, so it should then fix that as well. You just need to do it whilst you have the SSD issue on your machine. And at a time when it’s fixed, you guys are also able to always reconnect your other drives & access them on your PC.
Verify The SSD Shows Up In BIOS
Occasionally your OS faces problems and it probably is the cause so that why your new SSD is not showing up on your PC. One of the ways to check whether your machine basically recognizes your drive is to use the BIOS menu.
You are also able to open the BIOS for your computer and view whether it shows your SSD drive.
- Turn off your PC.
- Turn your PC back on whilst pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. Whether you are not sure what key will bring you to BIOS. Simply check with your PC manufacturer.
- Whether your PC recognizes your SSD, you will see your SSD drive listed on your screen.
- Basically, it tells you there is a problem with your operating system. One of the ways to resolve it is to reinstall the entire system on your PC.
Use a Live Linux Distro To See whether SSD Shows Up
A live Linux distro is an OS sitting on either a CD, DVD, or a USB flash drive. It permits you to load the complete operating system on your PC just by using any of these mediums. Next, you are also able to use all the features of the system.
Whether you believe that there is an issue with your current system, so then it is the best idea to make a live Linux drive and start your PC from it. When it’s started, so then you should be able to view your SSD showing up on the main interface.
Whether you see it, so then there is probably an issue with your operating system. Whether you do not see it, that there probably be a problem with your SSD drive which you need to further check.
Format Your SSD Drive
Whether the drive that you are trying to connect to your PC is a new one. That you guys like to confirm that it is accurately formatted before it shows up in utilities such as File Explorer. You are also able to use the built-in Disk Management tool on your PC to format your drive.
- Here you have to first of all press the Windows + R keys at the same time, type diskmgmt.msc, & then hit Enter.
- Now the Disk Management should be open on your screen. Simply find your SSD drive in the list, here you have to right-click on it, and choose the Format.
- Get the drive formatted in the NTFS file format.
- Expel the drive from your PC.
- Plug the drive back into your PC.
Update Your Storage Controller Drivers
Out of date storage controller drivers are also be able to the culprit here. And you should then get them updated to their new versions available. Most people do not have to do it if they don’t have any problems, though, as you’re having issues with your SSD not showing up, it’s worth updating the drivers in order to see whether it resolves the issue for you.
- Firstly use the Cortana search to search for and then head to Device Manager.
- Here you have to must expand the Storage controllers option. Choose your controller, right-click on it, and select Update Driver.
- Whether you guys do not already have the drivers for your storage controller, choose Search automatically for updated driver software.
- Reboot your PC when the new drivers are installed.
Use Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
Basically, your Windows PC packs a feature that allows you to troubleshoot problems with your hardware devices. It supports you automatically find problems & provides you suggestions on the way in which you can fix them on your PC.
The troubleshooter is supposed to be in the Settings & Control Panel. However, I could not find it there and so I used the Command Prompt method in order to open it.
- Simply search for Command Prompt in Cortana search and organize it.
- Type the following command into the Command Prompt window & press Enter.
msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic
- The Hardware & Devices troubleshooter will also open. Tap on Next to continue.
- Here you have to wait for it to find the problems with hardware devices on your machine.
- Whether there’s really a problem with your devices, it will advise you how to resolve it.
Fix Memory Issues On Your PC
Memory problems on your PC can lead to issues just like your SSD not showing up on your computer. Luckily, Windows also has a tool that allows you to check for these errors and fix them on your machine.
- Here you must press the Windows + R keys at the exact time, type in mdsched.exe, & must hit Enter.
- The Windows Memory Diagnostic tool will also open. Tap on the first option that says Restart now and check for issues to immediately reboot your PC and run the check.
- Your PC will restart & the tool will run a memory problem check.
- Your machine will automatically restart when the check is complete.
However, it is a bit disappointing in order to see that your PC does not recognize your currently bought SSD drive. Though there are ways to resolve the issue as described above & we also hope that they support you to get your drive to show up on your machine.
Whether it did support you to fix the issue, so please let us know about it in the comments below.
Must read this article: Resolve the issue: uTorrent Stuck on Connecting to Peers