Root Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (both of Snapdragon & also the Exynos models)
As an Android user comes with many perks, one of which is the capacity to root your device easily. However, now, we are able to include one more new device to that growing list of new Android phones on which root access is present. And that is the Galaxy Note 8. Although the TWRP recovery is now officially supported for both the models of the Galaxy Note 8, one that is powered by Exynos processor (model ending with F/FD/i/etc.). And also the other is powered by a Snapdragon processor (models ending with U/U1/0/etc.).In this post, we are to explain the way to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (both of Snapdragon & also the Exynos models)
Root Galaxy Note 8
Warranty probably invalid of your phone. Whether you abide by the methods that are given on this page. You only are responsible for your device. We will not be responsible. Whether any injury happens to your device and/or its components.
You have to confirm that you back up essential files stored on your device. Before starting with the steps mentioned below. So that if something goes wrong with your device. So then you will have a backup of all your essential files. Sometimes, Odin installation probably remove everything on your device!
You can also read this article: On Samsung Android devices: How to Install TWRP Recovery using Odin
Downloads / Install
- TWRP recovery (.TAR file):
- Exynos models, SM-N950F/FD/X/N (codename greatlte): TWRP-3.3.1-0-greatlte.img.tar.html
- Exynos models, SM-N950U/U1/W/0/8/6 (codename greatqlte): TWRP-3.3.1-0-greatqlte.img.tar.html
- Instruction: You have to find your Note 8’s model no. and codename by using the free Droid Info app
- Odin PC software
- Root package, Magisk
Install Galaxy Note 8 TWRP Recovery and root
Step. First of all, you have to confirm that you have turned on the OEM Unlock. For this:
- Head to the Settings > About phone, and then tap ‘Build number’ 7 times. Or until you view the ‘you are now a developer’ text pop up.
- Simply now head back to Settings, and into Developer options. Here you have to look for OEM Unlock. Choose it by using its toggle button.
Moreover, this will remove everything on the device. So you have to confirm that you have made an adequate backup of files, contacts, and everything else.
- Step1: Firstly you have to Download TWRP, Odin, and either of SuperSU or Magisk root package from above.
- Step 2: Now install the Galaxy Note 8 driver (method 1 there!). Double click the .exe file of drivers to start the installation. (Not needed if you have already completed this.)
- Step3: Extract the Odin file. You should obtain this file. Odin3 v3.10.6.exe (other files could be hidden, consequently not available.
- Step 4: Now you have to Disconnect your Galaxy Note 8 from the computer whether it is connected.
- Step 5: Then Boot Galaxy Note 8 into download mode:
- Power off your Galaxy Note 8. Await for 7 to 8 seconds after the screen goes off.
- Then press and hold the three buttons Power + Bixby + Volume down buttons at the same time until you view the warning screen.
- Press Volume Up to continue to download mode.
- Step 6: In this stage, you should double click on the extracted file of Odin, Odin3 v3.10.6.exe. Similarly, in order to open the Odin window. So be careful with Odin, and do just as said to prevent the issue.
- Step 7: Now Connect your Galaxy Note 8 to your computer. By using a USB cable. Odin should recognize your Galaxy Note 8. It is important. Similarly, when it recognizes, so then you will view Added!! text visible in the Log box in the bottom left. And the first box under ID: COM will also display you a no. and change its background blue.
Odin recognizes your device
- You are not able to start until Odin recognizes your device. You received the Added!! message.
- Whether it does not occur, so then you have to install/re-install drivers again. Use the real cable that came with the device. Mostly, drivers are the issue.
- You are also able to try different USB ports on your computer too, btw.
Load the TWRP file into Odin
- Step 8. Similarly in this step, you have to load the TWRP file into Odin. For doing this you have to first tap the AP button on Odin. Choose the TWRP file in the. TAR format. (instance filename: TWRP-3.3.1-0-greatqlte.img.tar)
- Step 9. Now confirm that the Re-partition and Auto Reboot checkboxes are NOT selected. Under the Options tab. Similarly, don’t use the PIT tab either. Now head back to the Log tab btw, so it will display the progress. When you hit the start button in the next step.
- Step 10. Now tap the Start button on Odin to start flashing the TWRP on your Galaxy Note 8. And here you have to Await till the installation is completed. After which, you will receive a PASS message.
- Simply, whether Odin gets stuck at setup connection. So then at that time, you have to do this all again. Disconnect your device, close Odin, boot the device into download mode again. Head to the Odin, and then choose the TWRP and flash it again as said above.
- Moreover, whether you get FAIL in the top left box. Then also you have to flash the TWRP file again as stated just above.
- Step 11. Although now your Galaxy Note 8 would remain in download mode itself. However, it won’t restart automatically because we disable the Auto Reboot in Step 9 above. Simply purchase your time to boot into recovery mode from here. Reboot into recovery mode to access TWRP recovery. (Read both points below of this step before doing this step.)
- First of all, you have to press and hold the Volume down + Bixby + Power button together until the screen goes off. But at a time the screen goes off. Then too is up to you to perform immediately: whilst still holding the Power and Bixby button. You should press Volume Up in place of the Volume down button to reboot into recovery mode.
However, basically when the device restarts (screen goes off). At that time you must be holding Volume Up, Bixby, and Power buttons together. And why press the Volume down + Bixby + Power buttons first is to force restart the device.]
- Step 12. Although in this step, in TWRP, when it asks for it, allow for System modification. Click on the Wipe option, and choose the Format Data option. Here swipe now to format data partition, which clears everything on the device.
- Step 13. While the device is still in TWRP, connect it to the computer (whether not connected already). Transfer the Magisk file to your Note 8.
- Step 14. If at a time it is completed, so then we are ready to root this guy. Therefore perform this: On TWRP’s home screen, click on the Install button. Choose the Magisk zip file. Then do the swipe action at the bottom to install the root tool. Once completed, then you have to click on the Back button to go back to the main screen of TWRP.
- Step 15. Click on the Reboot option, and then on System to restart your Galaxy Note 8. Simply which will now have root access.
That’s all. Now you can enjoy the TWRP and root access on your Galaxy Note 8!
Access TWRP recovery on Galaxy Note 8
If you want to access TWRP recovery, so then you have to reboot into recovery mode like this:
- Power off your Galaxy Note 8. Here you have to wait for 6-7 seconds after the screen goes off.
- Then press and hold the three buttons Volume up + Bixby + Power together until you view the Samsung logo on the screen.
That’s all Guys!
Related Article: How To Install Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Firmware
However, now, we are able to include one more new device to that growing list of new Android phones on which root access is present. And that is the Galaxy Note 8. Here, in this guide, we have mentioned the way to Root Samsung Galaxy Note 8 (both of Snapdragon & also the Exynos models).
If you need any help with Note8 root and TWRP recovery. So then let us know through the comments below and we will try our best to help you out.