The Operation Could not be Completed Error – Fix
Well, most of the time, when you try to set up a newly added printer as the default printer. You are basically met with a popup alert screaming “Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709) actually. You have to double-check the printer name and make sure the printer is connected to the network or not.” We are going to discuss The Operation Could not be Completed Error – Fix
Consequently, this error basically avoids you from setting your current printer as your default printer. In this post, we will actually delve into how you can fix error 0x00000709 as well.
Causes of this error 0x00000709
This scenario happens because of a glitch that occurs in the registry settings actually. The registry keys prioritize the previous printer driver because the default one and avoid you from setting the current driver as default actually. It is a common occurrence in Windows 7, 8, and 10 operating systems as well. If you guys have encountered this error, then don’t be anxious. A few tweaks in the settings or in the registry will remedy the situation as well.
How to Fix The Operation Could not be Completed Error
When you guys trying to set a default printer in Microsoft Windows, you may encounter an error that says:
Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000709). Just double click the printer name and also make sure that the printer is connected to the network as well.
Also, another possible error, whenever you are setting the default printers, is:
Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000005). Access is denied.
In order to solve this problem, you should try the following.
- First, hold the Windows Key and tap on “R” in order to bring up the Run window.
- Now type “Regedit“, then press “Enter” to bring up the Registry Editor as well.
- You have to navigate to the following location:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows NT \ CurrentVersion \ Windows
- Also right-tap on the “Windows” folder, and then you need to select “Permissions…“
- You have to highlight “Administrators“, then check the “Full Control” box, and then tap on “OK“.
- Also, highlight your username, then check the “Full Control” box, and then tap on “OK“.
- You should delete the following registry values if they exist:
- Now try to set your default printer again. Well, hopefully, this time it works!
Alright, folks, I hope you like this article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.
Also See: How To Fix Windows Update Error 80243004