Tips and Tricks to Root the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro: Tutorial
Whether you are seeing to the root your Redmi Note 5 Pro, codename Whyred, that you need the TWRP recovery first. And the good news, the TWRP for Redmi Note 5 Pro is now present.
However, the Redmi Note 5 Pro is the best device, one that you still can not purchase very easily. And the flash sale goes out of stock within seconds, and your wait for your recent smartphone enlarges to another 6 days, 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 57 seconds. Well, now come to the serious talk right? Because you don’t wanna purchase any other device. If that be the incredible Honor 9 Lite or the Honor 7X?
Though let’s view the way to obtain the root access on the Redmi Note 5 Pro. And also how to download the TWRP recovery on the device.
Obtain the Redmi Note 5 Pro TWRP recovery and root access
An alternate method: Using a One Click Root PC software
→ Download the Redmi Note 5 Pro one-click root tool
In order to use the tool to root your Redmi Note 5 Pro. Well, download the tool from the above. Then open it, and also follow the instructions. The software will guide you to it.
Although if the one-click root does not work. So then you are also able to always try the ever-trusted step-by-step guide for rooting the Redmi Note 5 Pro yourself. Also, we are just a shout away. Whether you need help, use the comments box below.
Root the Redmi Note 5 Pro manually.
Whether you did not know, that you will have to unlock the bootloader first and then install TWRP recovery. So you could root your Redmi Note 5 Pro. Credit for this version of TWRP recovery for Redmi Note 5 Pro goes to Shahan_mik3 and vanisheth over at the XDA Forums.
- Confirm that your mobile device has at least 50% battery charge
- Minimal ADB and Fastboot tools installed.
- Redmi Note 5 Pro TWRP custom recovery (Download Link)
- Make a backup of all the personal data on your device
Step 1: Turn On the USB Debugging and OEM unlock
Only so that nobody fortuitously how could you, anyway! does it. OEMs confirm that the hacking stuff is turned off in the settings. However the hidden settings, that is, because, well you know why. So, Xiaomi permits you to unlock the device, but first, you have to know the way to turn on this in settings, and here is the way.
- From the home screen, you have to go to the Settings.
- Find the About Phone option (at the top) and open it.
- Now you have to find the MIUI version and also click on it 7 times (until you receive ‘You are now a developer’).
- Now go back to the main screen of the Settings app. Click into Additional settings. The Developer Options will now be present here.
- Now, find the OEM Unlock option, and use its toggle button to turn it on.
- Drop-down a little and find the USB debugging option. Use its toggle button to turn on this too. Click on OK to accept the caution pop-up.
- Now, plug your Redmi Note 5 Pro into the PC. When prompted on the screen, so then press the ‘OK‘ button on the tab that says ‘Allow USB debugging”.
Step 2: Unlock the bootloader of your Redmi Note 5 Pro
Alright, Xiaomi officially permits you to unlock the bootloader of your device.
For that, go to Xiaomi’s Unlock page, and abide by the tips there. Once completed, continue with the steps mentioned below.
Step 3. Enter Fastboot mode
- Shot-down your Note 5 Pro and wait till the screen disables thoroughly.
- Now press and hold the Power + Volume Down buttons. Til you feel the device vibrate and view the screen with FASTBOOT written over it. At a time you do, let go of the buttons.
- Your device will now be in fast boot mode. To connect it to the PC by using the USB cable.
Step 4: Flash the TWRP file
- Make the new folder on your computer. So let’s call it the TWRP folder. Place the TWRP file in this folder. So then it could be any folder anywhere on your PC.
- So in the TWRP folder, you have to press Left Shift + Right Click and choose ‘Open command window here” or ‘Open Powershell window here‘.
- However, by using the command prompt terminal, type in the command below. That should bring up your connected Redmi Note 5 Pro. So you should obtain a random serial number after entering the command. So that means the fast boot is working.
fast boot devices
- Now head to the and type in the command below. Then hit Enter to install the TWRP recovery on your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
fastboot flash recovery <twrp-filename.img>
Whether your TWRP file’s name is twrp-3.2.2-0-whyred.img then the command would be fastboot flash twrp twrp-3.2.2-0-whyred.img
- Complete the process by at last typing ‘fastboot reboot‘ to re-start your Redmi Note 5 Pro normally.
When you like to go to the TWRP custom recovery menu:
- Now shut down the device and wait for the screen to disable completely.
- Press and hold the Power + Volume Up button until the device vibrates, at which point you can let go of the buttons.
That’s all! You will now be able to use the TWRP custom recovery on your Redmi Note 5 Pro to root your device, flash .zip files, and a whole lot more.
Step 5: Redmi Note 5 Pro Root
It is very easy and simple now.
- Download the SuperSU .zip file.
Related Article: Install Galaxy Note 5 Stock Firmware Download
If you are seeing to the root your Redmi Note 5 Pro, codename Whyred, that you need the TWRP recovery first. And the good news, the TWRP for Redmi Note 5 Pro is now present. Well, we hope that you will like this article. In case of questions, you can ask us in the comments below.