To Fix Touch ID is Not Working on iPhone
In iPhone sometimes the Touch ID is not working. When you enter the iPhone passcode or Apple ID is required when you unlock your iPhone. You can download apps, autofill details, or authenticate Apple Pay transactions. The Touch ID takes care of these things and makes the process effortless. Although, if you are experiencing issues with your Touch ID. Then you can no longer perform these necessary actions effortlessly. Here are some of the solutions that will help you fix the touch ID not working on the iPhone or iPad.
- To Make Sure Your Finger and Fingerprint Sensor is Clean and Dry
- You can Check Your iPhone Case and Screen Protector
- How to Turn Touch ID Off and On help you to fix the touch ID not working issue
- To Hard Reboot your Device
- How to Delete and Add New Fingerprint
- You can Try Turning Off the Password Completely
- Can Reset Your Network Settings in order to fix the touch ID not working issue
- Through Update your Device
- By Contacting Apple About a Possible Repair
1. To Make Sure Your Finger and Fingerprint Sensor is Dry and Clean
In case, if you are trying to use Touch ID with wet fingers. Then even if you have a water-resistant iPhone it would not work correctly. So, you must have to use it with a dry finger and wipe the Home button with a soft, dry cloth.
You should remember that if you have any liquid-like substance, say water, hand sanitizer, gel, cream, etc. This will definitely cause problems with Touch ID.
2. You can Check Your iPhone Case and Screen Protector
If the front screen protector will cover with the iPhone Home button. Then the particular waterproof case that wraps around the entire front and back of the device. It is also possible that it blocks the touch ID. Then you will have to remove the screen protector or case it is obstructing your finger and the sensor.
3.How to Turn Touch ID Off and On help you to fix the touch ID not working issue?
- First of all, you have to open the Settings app. Then tap on Touch ID & Passcode. And Enter your iPhone passcode into the app.
- Now Turn off the toggles for iPhone Unlock, iTunes & App Store, Apple Pay, and Password Autofill.
- Then you can restart your iPhone. When you do that you can follow the above steps and enable all these toggles. After that, you have to enter your Apple ID password if asked.
- Then you can lock your iPhone and then try to unlock it using Touch ID. So, it should work properly
- Next, you will see an important popup message. In that message, you will see that Your Apple Pay cards and car keys will be removed from the Wallet. Now you will need to be manually re-added to use them again. Then you will not be able to use this passcode to reset your Apple ID password if you forget it. Click on Turn Off.
4. To Hard Reboot your Device:
By using the above step we will talk about the simple restart. Although, if this process did not help then it let us take it up a notch and force restart that also called hard reboot.
5. How to Delete and Add New Fingerprint:
- In the Settings app click on the Touch ID & Passcode. Then enter your iPhone passcode to proceed.
- Click on the existing fingerprint. Tap on the Delete Fingerprint option. By using this process for all fingerprints.
- Now you can tap on Add a Fingerprint option and follow the on-screen instructions.
- You just have to make sure that the under USE TOUCH ID FOR. Now you can toggle it for iPhone Unlock is enabled. In the end, lock the device and then try to unlock it via fingerprint.
You can Try Turning Off the Password Completely:
In most cases, all of the above solutions worked for you. So, let us disable the password entirely, and then set everything again.
- First of all, you have to open the Settings app and then tap on Touch ID & Passcode. Now Enter your current passcode to move further.
- Click on Turn Passcode Off. In case, if you see a popup message then read it. Then tap on Turn Off. It is possible that you may be asked to fill in your device passcode or Apple ID password or both. Now tap on Done or Turn Off.
- After that restart your iPhone, and after that, follow the first step again.
- Next, tap on Turn Passcode On. Now you might see a popup message. They ask you to delete or continue using the saved fingerprints. Now tap on the Keep option.
- In this step, type the desired passcode and then tap on Next. Now it can be the one you were using moments back.
- If you want to choose an alphanumeric, numeric, or 4-digit code click on the Passcode Options. Now Type the passcode again to confirm and tap on Done. In this, you may be prompted to enter your Apple ID password. Enter that and tap on Sign In.
- When you follow the above steps then you should be able to use your Touch ID without any hiccups.
Can Reset Your Network Settings in order to fix the touch ID not working issue:
It will erase all the saved Wi-Fi passwords that were added using the Bluetooth devices. The VPN configurations mobile data options, and many other same settings. Although it would not erase any personal data like music, apps, photos, etc.
- First of all, you have to open the Settings app. Then tap on the General option. Then scroll down and tap on Reset.
- In this step tap on Reset Network Settings. Now enter your device passcode → then Confirm by tapping Reset Network Settings.
- When you complete this then the Touch ID problems might no longer stay that way.
- In case, if you want to reset the network settings it did not help. Then you may proceed with the factory reset through which erases everything.
8. Through Update Your Device:
In each iOS update, Apple publishes error fixes, adds new features, and try to improve the overall experience to use. If you are having problems with Touch ID we will recommend that you update your iPhone.
9. By Contacting Apple About a Possible Repair
By contacting the apple it is also possible that it is not always visible upfront. It is also possible that your new handset has a manufacturing defect in it. So, if you suffered a hardware problem due to a fall or extreme forceful press.
This is the best to contact Apple Support or an authorized service center. It is to know that the exact reason you can get the problem fixed.
How this Can’t Activate Touch ID on iPhone or iPad?
If you are unable to activate Touch ID in the first place. In this case, here are some quick points to consider.
- Unplug your device: Many chargers, wall sockets, faulty cables, and outlets in trains and airplanes, cannot prevent you from using Touch ID or finishing the setup process. If you want to consider unplugging the iPhone and then try to add the fingerprint.
- By using the Signing out of your Apple ID and log back in: The other trick we can try to fix this issue is to sign out of Apple ID and sign back in.
In the as explained earlier then you can reach out to Apple Support and then learn about your repair options. It is possible that you have unknowingly purchased a device with a defective or broken Touch ID sensor.
Related articles: How to Fix iPad Microphone not Working
I want to know which of the solutions above worked for you. We hope that you are now able to use Touch ID without any complications. In the next, it would be beneficial to learn how to download free apps without entering your Apple ID password. Now you can even Touch ID. Then Just tap on the get and boom option. so that the app starts to download. But do not forget to check out how to lock apps on your iPhone. In case, if you have private conversations then this one is a must-know about this app.
Hope you liked this article. If you have any questions feel free to ask in the comment section below.