To Relock Bootloader: Ways To Relock Using Fast boot
To Relock Bootloader is now available on Android. But in this article, you will learn to Relock Bootloader using fast boot. This is also having an unlocked bootloader that is also useful in many ways. Just like the flashing firmware and the factory images. You can also install the TWRP and get the root so that it can also lead to blocking the services. Due to this, You can also use your device due to security reasons. Also, you might want to relock the bootloader to avail of those services.
Now the Google released also an update to SafetyNet which now also considers a device’s bootloader. They can unlock status to trigger the SafetyNet and then disable certain services just like Android Pay. By using this you can also relock the bootloader that will solve the issue for you. Then you will lose all the benefits that come with having an unlocked bootloader on your device.
If the fastboot commands can relock the bootloader then they are not the same for all devices. Due to this, you can also put together a list of all known Fastboot commands. So, that is why you can use to relock the bootloader on your device using the instructions below. But the very first thing that you have to make sure of is that you have all the resources listed below. Through that, you can successfully lock the Bootloader on your mobile device.
Also See: Ways To Clear Ram On iPhone – Tutorial
The Other Things That you will need:
- Latest Stock Recovery and ROM for your device by your OEM.
- Install ADB and Fastbootset up on your PC.
- Custom Recovery installed on your mobile device.
Things you Should keep in Mind To Relock Bootloader:
To relocking the bootloader you can not be undone on many devices so that most importantly the phones that are manufactured by Xiaomi. Most of the users that have relocked their bootloader can upon unlocking were unable to re-unlock it. Then by using this it can have at any available method. Although you can make sure that you want to go back to stock ROM. Then it would not like to install a Custom ROM anytime in the future.
Then you can be relocking the bootloader and it will delete all your data and files. Due to this you just have to make sure to backup your data before they can proceed with this guide. By using this method they can also work for most Android devices. So this is even if they are running the OEM skins and then there is a slight chance. So, these can additional steps that might be required and also depend on your manufacturer.
Now, this is especially the case with Chinese manufacturers like Xiaomi. They have the unlocking linked to their cloud backup service of Mi Account. Then you should check the XDA page for your device in order to check for any additional steps so that you might also require you before proceeding with the guide below.
Ways to Relock Bootloader via Fastboot
- You have to download the Stock ROM and then the Recovery on the local storage of your device.
- Then you can also reboot your device into the custom recovery that can install on your devices. So that it has the flash Stock ROM and the recovery.
- Most of the manufacturer’s bundle can stock recovery along with their latest firmware nowadays. This can depend on your manufacturer in which you might have a single .zip file or two .zip files. In this case, you have two of them and then ensure to install the ROM. But before the recovery or you could brick your device.
- When both utilities are flash then your device should reboot with the Stock recovery and ROM install on it. This now confirms that the stock recovery is working as intended. This can be rebooting your device while holding the Volume Up button.
- But most of the stock Android phones also use the Volume Up button in order to boot into recovery mode. Then the procedure could be different for your mobile device. In the quick web, this can also search and will help you find the right key combination. If you want to boot your device into the recovery mode.
- When you are in recovery mode then you should see your stock recovery options and the UI. Also, this means that the Recovery was flashed correctly. You can also reboot your device and boot into the fastboot mode for your device.
The Fast boot mode can be accessed by holding down the Volume Down button. By most of the devices while rebooting. In this case, if it does not work for you. Then a quick web search will help you to identify the right key combination for your device.
- After that, your device has also booted into the recovery mode. And then you can connect it to your PC and then open the Command Prompt. This is in the ADB directory for your system.
- You just have to type in Fastboot devices and then confirm that your device is being recognized by your system.
- Then the issue for this is the following command to relock the bootloader. fastboot OEM lock OR You can also enter the fastboot flashing lock command.
- Those devices that are released in 2015 or later then you can use the fastboot flashing lock command. However, the first command that can give you the above may work too.
- Then you should now get a prompt for locking your bootloader on your device. You can now confirm your selection and then wait for the process to complete it.
In this step, you can do not disconnect your device this process. Now can ensure that there are no interruptions during this process. Also, the glitch or power outage during this process can also brick your device.
- When this process also completes then your device and the bootloader should be locked. Then you should be to run in your stock ROM and recovery. Also, this will now and then be eligible for OTA updates from your manufacturer.
Related Articles: How To Install Galaxy Tab E 9.6 Firmware
You can also install the TWRP and get the root so that it can also lead to blocking the services. Due to this, You can also use your device due to security reasons. Also, you might want to relock the bootloader to avail of those services. Now the Google released also an update to SafetyNet which now also considers a device’s bootloader. They can unlock status to trigger the SafetyNet and then disable certain services just like Android Pay. By using this you can also relock the bootloader that will solve the issue for you. Then you will lose all the benefits that come with having an unlocked bootloader on your device.
Hope you like it!