Turn off Spell Check in Word 2019, 2016 and 365
Are you irritated with Microsoft Word 2016 spell checking your documents?And you want to turn off spell check. Spell checking can be disabled and curvy lines that appear down the misspelled word will also disappear with the help of these steps.
- You can do any one of the following depending on your operating system:
macOS: “Words”>”Preference…”>”Spelling and Grammar”.
- Uncheck the “Check Spelling as you type” box to disable spell checking.
- Select “OK” in window. Close out of window in macOS.
Disabled Red Irritating Lines
The red squiggly will not stop appearing under the misspelled word with the help of the above-mentioned steps. The only way the read squiggly lines will not appear would be with macro.
- Do any one of the following to enable the “Develop” tab.
Windows: Select “File”>”Option”>”Customize Ribbon”. Select “Main Tabs” in the “Customize Ribbon” dropdown menu. Check the “Develop” option.
macOS: Select “Word”>”Preferences…”>”View”. Check the “Show developer tab” box.
- Choose the “Developer” tab.
- Tap “Visual Basic”.
- Choose the template or document in which you want to run to macro. Select “Normal.dotm” for all the documents.
- Window users, select ” Create” to open the Visual Basic Editor.
- Use the following code:
Options.CheckSpellingAsYouType = Not Options.CheckSpellingAsYouType
- Run the macro by choosing the “Run Program” button.
Hence, the red squiggly lines will not appear under the misspelled word in Word.
Conclusion-disabling spell check in a word:
I hope this article was a help to you. Now you know how to turn off Spell Check in Word 2019, 2016 & 365. We have explained the process in really simple and easy words. If you still have further queries left then you can ask us in the comment section below. We will try our level best to resolve your problem. Thank you, folks. Enjoy.
You can Also See: How to Change Highlight Color in Adobe Reader