Tutorial Guide: PhilZ Touch Advanced CWM Recovery for HTC One X
ClockworkMod (CWM) is a software company, that is owned by Koushik “Koush” Dutta. That enhances different software products for Android smartphones and tablets. However, the company is known for its custom recovery image, ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery, which is used in many custom ROMs.
However, CWM Recovery is also an Android custom recovery image. At a time installed, this recovery image replaces the Android device’s stock recovery image. By using this recovery image, lots of system-level operations can be performed. For instance, one is also able to make and also restore partition backups, root, install and upgrade custom ROMs.
Moreover, the CwM Recovery is free and open-source software, revealed beneath the terms of the Apache License 2.0 software license. And CyanogenMod Recovery is a fork of ClockworkMod Recovery.
Similarly, HTC was founded in 1997 as a laptop developer, Taiwan-based HTC soon starts creating smartphones based on Windows Mobile and Brew. Or it also reveals the first commercial Android smartphone, simply the HTC Dream, in 2008. And also now a developer of both Android and Windows-based smartphones. Or the HTC re-entered the tablet market with the Google Nexus 9 in 2014. HTC’s current mobile set-up is Desire 20+. Thus the smartphone was also organized on 19th October 2020. And the phone comes with a 6.50-inch touchscreen shows with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1600 pixels.
Further, the HTC Desire 20+ is a dual SIM (GSM and GSM) smartphone that accepts Nano-SIM and Nano-SIM. Connectivity options add Wi-Fi, GPS, Bluetooth, NFC, USB Type-C, 3G, and 4G. Similarly, the sensors on the phone add the Fingerprint sensor, Compass Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor, and Gyroscope.
PhilZ Touch Recovery Information
|Version||6.12.8 based on CWM 6.x|
|Compatibility||Fully functional with 4.4.x and below.|
The cautions probably are void of your device. Whether you abide by the methods provided on this page.
Although you only are responsible for your device. We won’t be responsible whether any fault occurs to your device and its components.
PHILZ CWM ADVANCED TOUCH RECOVERY ON HTC ONE X
Although before you start with guide tips that are mentioned below. So that you have to also confirm your Android device is fully charged — at least 50% battery of the device.
However, the method that is discussed here is just for HTC One X. And do not use the downloads and methods that are given here on any other device(s).
BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
Although the Backup essential data and also the stuff. Before you begin playing around here as there are chances you might lose your apps and app-data (app settings, game progress, etc.). Moreover, in this case, files on internal memory, too.
Install the Current Driver
So now you must have the appropriate and functioning driver installed on your Windows PC. To be able to successfully flash PhilZ Touch Recovery on your HTC One X.
You can skip this step whether your device is already bootloader unlock.
Similarly, you have to must first all unlock the bootloader on your HTC One X before proceeding with the guide that is mentioned below. Because without unlocking the bootloader you won’t use fast boot commands to flash the recovery on your device.
In order to download you have to one-click the PhilZ Touch Recovery installer zip file that is mentioned-below. Now you have to transfer the installer zip file to a separate folder on your PC just to keep things clean.
ONE CLICK PHILZ TOUCH RECOVERY INSTALLER
Note Backup essential files stored on the internal SD card of your device. So that in this type of case a condition arises. Needing you to do a factory reset after flashing PhilZ Touch Recovery. That probably removes the internal sd card too, your files will remain safe on a computer.
- Prepare your phone:
- Turn on the developer options: Head to your phone’s Settings » choose About phone » Drop to the bottom and click on “Build number” seven times to turn on the developer options.
- Turn On USB Debugging: Head to the phone’s Settings » choose the Developer options » Tick the “USB debugging” checkbox (under Debugging section).
- Now you have to connect your phone to the computer with a USB cable and whether a pop-up screen displays on phone asking you to permit the USB debugging for the PC. Confirm you tick the checkbox and click OK.
- On your HTC One X, head to the Settings » Choose the Battery and in the Battery menu confirm Fast boot is uncheck. And un-check it whether it is turn on. Skip this step whether there is no Fast boot option under Settings » Battery.
- Here you have to extract the installer file HTC One X One-Click-PhilZ recovery installer.zip (using 7-zip free software, preferably). So here you will obtain the following files and one folder:
- api (folder)
- Here you double-click/Run the ‘1-click-philz-recovery-installer.bat’ file. And here you have to abide by the simple on-screen tips like the ‘Press any key to continue..’ to install PhilZ Touch Recovery on your One X.
└Note: In case the script gets stuck on < waiting for device > (see image below) for more than a minute. Next, it means that you don’t have appropriate drivers installed on your PC for your One X. Abide by the driver’s installation guide given above for troubleshooting driver and other connectivity problems.
- Your device will automatically boot into the system. Similarly, in order to boot into your newly flashed PhilZ Touch Recovery:
- Power off your HTC One X and wait for 6-7 seconds after the display is off.
- Here you have to press and hold these 2 buttons together: Power + Volume Down.
- Thus now you have to press the Volume Down button in order to highlight the RECOVERY option. And so you have to press the Power button to Choose it.
PhilZ Touch Advanced CWM Recovery for HTC One X-Conclusion
Now it is easy/simple to install PhilZ Touch Recovery on your HTC One X, right? And you must let us know how you plan to use it in the comments mentioned-below.
I hope that you will like this post. Or in case of any queries, you can also ask us in the comments below.