Unbricking galaxy s3: How To Unbrick Samsung Galaxy S3
Here are some of the guidelines that will help you to Unbricking galaxy S3. After this, you will learn how to unbrick the Samsung galaxy. It looks like that you are unlucky in hacking adventures. Because that is just the little things like rooting and custom recoveries and custom ROMs. Now and then you can have a brick the device in your hand.
All thing that we can do now is to try and to restore your Galaxy S3 back. In order to stock using a firmware so that all bad partitions on the device. They can fix it and it doesn’t boot loops and restarts normally. This is now depending on what you were trying to do and more importantly. This is how it could either be soft bricked or hard-bricked. So let’s get started!
Also see: How to Stop Autostart Apps in Android
Explain Hard-brick and Soft-brick?
By the rare cases and when you are set to be doomed then your Galaxy S3 might get hard-bricked. Mostly, the case the Galaxy S3 won’t boot into download mode. So, that it won’t respond to key combinations then you are trying to make it to boot normally. And you can also download or recover it in a mode.
If the Hard-brick results in one dead Android device. In this case, it is sick and worrying. Also, if you may have to look for a JTAG service locally. Now the person with good knowledge of that may be able to revive it. Then you can also try using USB Jig (look on eBay, perhaps!) to reboot the Galaxy S3 into download mode. It is also possible that it may happen or may not.
In the Hard-brick it is very rare, it may happen that only when the power supply gets and disturb by the computer. As well as the Android device when something is now installing on the device. In case, if you totally miss doing things totally carelessly. Then that is why you have to be very careful with even the easiest steps.
Now let’s see the soft-bricking. But normally it is a soft-brick that means your device is not completely dead. Due to this it is just not able to boot normally and gets stuck somewhere. Then download mode is working.
Ways to identify bricked Galaxy S3?
In case if your Android device can boot into download mode. This means that it is a soft-brick. And if it is not connected to you then it is hard-bricked.
Some Cases of soft-brick:
- The Bootloop: In your Samsung Galaxy S3 it is not restarting properly and gets stuck at the logo. Now you can reboot it again and again on it. In most cases, they occur when you flash something bad.
- They corrupted but working: With your Samsung Galaxy S3 it cannot power On. Also, it can enter into the Download mode and/or Recovery mode. Now press the key combinations. Due to this, it is not responding to key combos, at the least.
- Some other cases: If it does not matter what happened then as long as you can access Download mode. You can also use the key combos specified in the unbricking Galaxy S3. Here are some guides below and solutions for this issue.
Some of the Solutions for unbricking galaxy s3:
You just have to install the firmware using the guide below and your Samsung Galaxy S3. This shall be up and running coolly soon enough then you must be able to enter download. Then it can also use the key combinations specified in the guide below.
Few Cases of Hard-brick:
- In case, if you can’t enter download mode then using the key combinations specified in the guide below. After that, you got a worry about your device that is hard-bricked. Then you can’t repair it yourself unless you are able to reboot it into download mode.
The solution is that you can try USB Jig to enter Download mode. It has no guarantee of this solution would work or not. In this case, your last hope is JTAG and to find a local service provider. With this, it can use the JTAG for you and revive your dead hard bricked Galaxy S3. Then you can use Google to buy JTAG and then try it yourself but we do not recommend it at all. You can also require the skills of a knowledgeable person in Electronics.
Ways to Unbricking galaxy s3 and Restore it:
To Fix and Restore the Samsung Galaxy S3 to Unbrick:
The Warranty of this is it may be void of your device and if you follow the procedures given on this page. Then you are only responsible for your device. Then you won’t be liable if any damage occurs to your device and/or its components.
Unbricking galaxy s3: The SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 GT-I9300 OFFICIAL JELLY BEAN 4.3 FIRMWARE
One step before you begin this guide instruction below. Then you have to make sure that your android device is adequately charged. This is at least 50% battery of the device.
1. To CHECK DEVICE MODEL NO For unbricking galaxy s3:
You just have to make sure that your device is eligible for this. Then you must first confirm its model no from the About device option by the Settings. This is the other way to confirm model no. by looking at it and on the packaging box of your device. Also, it must be GT-I9300!
You do not use the procedures that are discussed on it and here is any other Galaxy S3. This includes that the Galaxy S3 variant at T-Mobile, Sprint, US-Cellular, AT&T, Verizon, and other International LTE variants. Some of any other devices of Samsung or any other company. This is the warning for the people!
2. Unbricking galaxy s3: THE BACKUP YOUR DEVICE
To create Back up of the important data and stuff before you start playing. It is all around here as there are chances that you might lose your apps and app data. It includes the app settings, game progress, and some others. But some of the rare cases, the files on the internal memory as well.
3. Unbricking galaxy s3 To INSTALL LATEST DRIVER
In this step, you must have a proper and working driver which can install it on your windows computer. You will be able to successfully flash stock firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S3. For the driver installation guide, you can check the link given below.
4. The INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS Of Galaxy S3:
- The DOWNLOADS:
First of all, you have to Download the ODIN ZIP FILE and the firmware file. Then Transfer both Odin and firmware files to a separate folder on your computer then just to keep things tidy.
- The ODIN ZIP FILE
You can download this file by clicking on this link: Odin zip file
- The FIRMWARE ZIP FILE
You can download the Firmware Zip File by clicking on the link: Firmware Zip File
Here is the STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE:
In case, if you have not to use the Odin before to install stock firmware or anything else. Now we can also suggest you first watch a video of that to get familiar with the process. Then the video demonstrates the flashing of CWM Recovery on Galaxy S3. From this, the procedure is the same for flashing the stock firmware.
To create the backup of the important files and store them on the internal SD card of your device. Then in this case a situation arises and requires to you and do a factory reset after flashing the stock firmware. This is also possible that you might delete the internal SD card too and your files will remain safe on PC.
- You can also extract/Unzip the Odin zip file the Latest Odin3 v3.09. The zip on of your computer by using the 7-zip free software in order to get this file: Odin3 v3.09.exe
- Then extract/Unzip the Firmware zip file. The zip on your computer by using the 7-zip free software. In order to get this file: I9300XXUGMK6_I9300OXAGMK6_I9300XXUGMK6_HOME.tar.md5
- Now you can move the firmware file, md5, to the same folder. By which you can extract the Latest Odin3 v3.09.zip just for your convenience. Due to this, you will have the following files in that folder:
- Odin3 v3.09.exe
- You can now Disconnect the Galaxy S3 from the PC if it is connected.
- Then Double-click on the Odin3 v3.09.exefile to open Odin.
- After that Boot your Samsung Galaxy S3 into Download Mode:
- You have to press the power off button of your phone first and then wait for 6-7 seconds after the display is off
- Now press and hold these 3 buttons together until you see Warning on the screen. Then Volume Down + Power + Home button.
- After that press, the Volume Up button now to continue to Download Mode.
- You can connect your Galaxy S3 to your PC. The Odin window will show an Added!! message in the bottom left box. On Odin’s screen, it would look like this.
In case if you don’t get the Added! the message. Then here are some of the troubleshooting tips:
- You just have to make sure that you can install the driver for Galaxy S3. That can also be said above in the Before you begin section.
- In case, if you have already installed the driver. You have to uninstall them and reinstall back.
- Then connect using a different USB port on your PC.
- Now you have to try a different USB cable. Then by using the original cable that came with your phone should work best. In this step you can now try any other cable that is new and of good quality.
- Also, you can also reboot the phone and PC and then try again.
- You can now load the firmware file that can extract into Odin as per the given instructions.
- Tap on the AP button on Odin and then select the tar.md5file. Now your Odin window should look like the given screen.
- After that, in the Options section of Odin, you have to make sure that the Re-Partition box is unchecked. Then the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes remain checked. And then all of the other boxes remain unchecked.
- You just have to double-check on the above two steps.
- Tap on the Start button to begin flashing stock firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Now, wait until you see a PASS! message in Odin’s top left box.
- If you can get the PASS! the message then your phone will restart automatically. In this case, you can then disconnect your phone from your PC.
In this case, if you see a FAIL message instead of the PASS in Odin’s top left box. Then you can try this now and can disconnect your Galaxy S3 from your PC. Now close Odin, remove the phone’s battery, and put it back inside in 3-4 seconds. After that open Odin and then repeat Step 3 of this guide again. Moreover, If the device is Stuck at setup connection or on any other process. You just have to try this and disconnect your S3 from the PC and close Odin. Now remove the phone’s battery and put it back inside in 3-4 seconds. Then open the Odin and then repeat Step 3 of this guide again.
Related articles: Tutorial on How to Edit the Build. prop file on Android
It looks like that you are unlucky in hacking adventures. Because that is just the little things like rooting and custom recoveries and custom ROMs. Now and then you can have a brick the device in your hand. All thing that we can do now is to try and to restore your Galaxy S3 back. In order to stock using a firmware so that all bad partitions on the device. They can fix it and it doesn’t boot loops and restarts normally. This is now depending on what you were trying to do and more importantly.