To Uninstall Microsoft Teams: Ways To Uninstall While Reinstalling
Many users ask this question that what to do if we Uninstall Microsoft Teams but Microsoft keeps reinstalling it? If you want to get an answer then read this article completely! So, just Like the other remote working apps. A Microsoft Teams also become an essential part of the work-from-home experience. This is for millions of people worldwide. It is also available for free or as part of a Microsoft 365 subscription. Also, Microsoft Teams is a great collaboration tool for the workers. Also, this is not for everyone.
Sadly, there are also the signs that Microsoft Teams keeps reinstalling itself. In case, if you don’t follow the strict instructions on how to uninstall Microsoft Teams. Then this is like the usual to uninstall methods that won’t work for certain users.
Reason: Why Do Microsoft Teams Keep Reinstalling?
However, it is also inconvenient to see Microsoft Teams that will pop up again after uninstalling it. So, there is no reason to be alarmed. Also, There are some of the reasons why Microsoft Teams will keep reinstalling. Also, it is very simple and it wasn’t completely uninstalled, to begin with.
So, this will also happen with certain installations of Microsoft Teams. Most importantly, if it is been packaged and installed as part of an organization-wide Office subscription. In this case, if Microsoft Teams will also come as two installed pieces of software. Now, The very first thing is that Microsoft Teams is what most users will look for and uninstall.
Also, The second reason, a Teams Machine-Wide installer. This is software that is used in organizational deployments of Microsoft Office. Now, that was also used to automatically install Microsoft Teams across multiple PCs. In case, if you have the Teams Machine-Wide Installer installed. So, Microsoft Teams may also continue to install itself, even after it’s been removed. Now, You will also need to remove this if you uninstall Microsoft Teams. In case, if you want to stop it from reinstalling again.
Ways to Uninstall Microsoft Teams using Windows Settings:
You can also Uninstall Microsoft Teams that require a Windows administrator account. In case, if you can uninstall Windows software on your PC. So, you can also remove Microsoft Teams using the Windows Settings menu.
- You have To uninstall Microsoft Teams. Then right-click on the Windows Start menu and then click on the Settings option.
- Using the Windows Settings menu you have to press the Apps option. Then click on the Apps & features. Now, in the Apps & features menu, search for Teams using the Search this list box. In case, if you have the Teams Machine-Wide Installer listed. Then this will also appear that is alongside Microsoft Teams in the list.
- Also, You will need to remove both Teams and Teams Machine-Wide Installer by using this menu. You will have to click on the Microsoft Teams option first. You have to press the Uninstall button.
- Now, You will need to confirm whether or not you want to remove Microsoft Teams. You have To do this, then press on the Uninstall button that appears.
- Now, Wait a few moments a Microsoft Teams will also uninstall automatically. When this process is complete, you have to repeat the steps above for the Teams Machine-Wide Installer. You will have to select the option, then press on the Uninstall > Uninstall to remove it.
A Few moments later, When the Teams Machine-Wide Installer will be removed. Then after this, Microsoft Teams should be completely uninstalled. Also, you shouldn’t see it appear again unless you choose to reinstall it manually.
How To Clean up MS teams configuration folders and registry keys?
So, Microsoft Teams should also stop installing itself once the Teams Machine-Wide Installer has been removed. In case, if it continues to install itself, then you may want to clean up and then remove some additional configuration files.
In this case, can also set a registry key to block Microsoft Teams that are from installing itself for PCs where Microsoft Teams. This has been installed as part of an organizational deployment. However, this may only work for some users.
- A very First step, that you will need to check that the Microsoft Teams configuration folder has been removed. You have to open the Windows File Explorer and type %localappdata%\Microsoft\ in the address bar. In case, if a Teams folder exists. Then right-click and also press on the Delete to remove it.
- Now, You can also create a key in the Windows registry that you can also stop Microsoft Teams from reinstalling automatically in certain conditions. Also, You will need to launch the Windows Registry Editor tool. You have to do this then you can also press the Windows + R. You have to open the Run launch box, type Regedit, then hit OK to do this.
- Using the Registry Editor window, you will also use the side menu. Then you have to open the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\Teams\ registry folder. In case, if there is not a PreventInstallationFromMsi key in place. Then you will also need to create one. Now, Right-click on it and then press New > String Value. Also, naming the string PreventInstallationFromMsi once inserted.
- You have to Double-click on the string and you created and give it a value of 1. Also, you have to press OK to save. Then you can close the Registry Editor at this point.
Ways To Use the MS Office Removal Tool?
Using Microsoft Teams to reinstall itself. Now, you will probably be using Office as part of a Microsoft 365 (previously Office 365) subscription. In case, if your subscription has lapsed and then uninstall the Office. You should also uninstall Microsoft Teams too, and then prevent this from happening.
When you remove the Office (including Microsoft Teams) just by using Windows Settings. That should also work for most users. Now, you can also remove Office and Microsoft Teams together. Just by using the Microsoft Office Removal Tool. Then this should also completely remove all setup files and then prevent any automatic reinstallations.
- You can also Download the Office removal tool and then run the file. So, after a few moments, the Office removal tool installer will also open it. When you begin the installation just by pressing the Install button.
- Using The Office removal tool you will also launch this automatically. When the installation has been completed you will also accept the terms and conditions. Just by pressing the Agree button.
- Also, you will Select your version of Microsoft Office in the Microsoft Support and Recovery window. Just by pressing the checkbox next to it. When you are ready to remove it. Then press the Next button.
- In case, if any further instructions are for your version of Office. You can also confirm these at the following stage. In the final stage, you can also press the I have saved all my work checkbox and press Next to continue.
- Then the Office removal tool will also ask you to restart. In case, if it doesn’t happen automatically. You have to click to confirm this and also begin the restart. When your PC has restarted, then you have to follow any further on-screen instructions to complete the full Office removal.
Also, The Office removal tool will complete the full removal of all Office files from your PC. This will also include Microsoft Teams. Now, This should also prevent any further automatic reinstallations by Microsoft Teams. So, you will also need to install it again manually should you wish to use it again.
In case, if you want to uninstall Microsoft Teams. Then you are still looking for a good collaboration tool for the remote workers and teams. Also, Slack is a good alternative. This will also offer integrated chat. A file-sharing, chatbots, and more. Now, you can even use Slack as a second brain. You have to keep track of your calendar, notes, and emails.
Also, if Microsoft Teams keeps reinstalling. Then you might as well give it a go and it is one of the best tools for remote workers, with plenty of Microsoft Teams tips and tricks you can try.
Did you understand this guide? Microsoft Teams also become an essential part of the work-from-home experience. This is for millions of people worldwide. It is also available for free or as part of a Microsoft 365 subscription. Also, Microsoft Teams is a great collaboration tool for the workers. Also, this is not for everyone. Sadly, there are also the signs that Microsoft Teams keeps reinstalling itself. In case, if you don’t follow the strict instructions on how to uninstall Microsoft Teams.
Hope you like it! If you have any issues let us know in the comments below.