How To Download, Install & Update 10.2 For iPhone
In this article, you will learn how to download, install & update 10.2 for iPhone devices. Also, Apple has released iOS 10.2 for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. An iOS 10.2 also includes the new wallpapers, a new TV app. There are some of the minor adjustments to the Music app that Shuffle and then Repeat the button. Here are a couple of new screen effects for iMessages. Also, over 100 new emojis icons are included. Then ranging from a cowboy, a cucumber, an astronaut, someone using a Mac, guerrilla, owl, avocado, a selfie, a handshake, and more. An iOS 10.2 also includes the various bug fixes and the other improvements to the mobile operating system.
How To Download, Install & Update 10.2 For iPhone?
So, this is the easiest way to install and then update iOS 10.2 on an iPhone or iPad. This is by using the Over-the-Air update mechanism.
- You have to create a Back up of the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to iTunes and/or iCloud.
- Then you have to open the “Settings” app and then go to the “General” and then you have to click on the “Software Update”.
- Now, Choose the “Download and Install” button if an iOS 10.2 also appears on a screen.
An iOS 10.2 will also download and then automatically install onto the device. This is another option that you have to update and then install iOS 10.2. However, iTunes will also connect a device to a computer with a modern version of iTunes.
Ways To Install The Update 10.2 for iPhone Manually
In case, if you have not received an alert to download the OTA update. Then you also need not fret as iOS 10.2 this can also be installed manually.
1: You have to ensure that you have the iTunes latest version on your PC or Mac.
2: Then you can also switch off the Find My Phone feature. You have to do so and then navigate to the Settings. Now, click on the iCloud option and then tap on the Find My iPhone and then toggle to the feature off.
3: Now, you have to download the iOS 10.2 update on your compatible iDevice. Then the links for your specific, compatible model of the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. This can be accessed from the website.
4: When the update of the software has been downloaded on your iPhone. Then for example you connect the smartphone to your PC with a lightning cable.
5: Now, Launch iTunes and then select the tab for your device.
6: Also, the PC users also need to hold down the Shift key. In case, if you are a Mac user and then hold the Alt key. Then you can simultaneously press the Restore iPhone option.
7: In the Next step, you have to select the iOS 10.2 firmware file. Then you will previously download if you get the prompt.
8: Now, Begin the installation of iOS 10.2 on your device, and once complete. Then the Apple device will also reboot.
Update iOS 10.2 for iPhone:
The Users can also choose to download iOS 10.2 IPSW firmware files directly from Apple. Also, you can use the IPSW to update iOS. This is not particularly difficult but it is generally advanced and is not necessary for the vast majority of users.
- iPhone 7
- The iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s
- An iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 6
- The iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE
- An iPhone 5s
- iPhone 5
- The iPhone 5c
- 12.9 inch iPad Pro
- 9.7 inch iPad Pro
- iPad Air 2
- An iPad Air
- iPad 4
- The iPad Mini 4
- iPad Mini 3
- An iPad Mini 2
- iPod Touch (6th generation)
How To Troubleshoot?
In case, if iOS 10.2 is not showing up for you in Software Update. Then you also may need to delete an existing and old iOS software update first. So, that may also store this on the device. Then after that, you can also reboot the iPhone or iPad. Now, you can also learn how to restart an iPhone or iPad, or reboot an iPhone 7 here. This is a slightly different process. It is upon rebooting the iOS 10.2 update that should appear as expected.
In case, if you are looking to find the new Emoji icons in iOS 10.2. Then simply load the Emoji keyboard as usual and then browse around. Now, they are intermixed with the existing emojis in iOS.
The iOS 10.2 Release Notes
The Release notes for iOS 10.2 are as follows:
An iOS 10.2 also introduces new features including the TV app (the US Only). Having a new and unified experience for accessing your TV shows and also movies across multiple video apps. The Emoji have been beautifully redesigned to reveal even more detail and then over 100 new emojis. This has been added and including new faces, food, animals, sports, and professions. Now, this update will also include stability improvements and also bug fixes.
- To Use Up Next to see the movies and shows you are currently watching and pick up where you left off.
- Now Get recommendations for new movies and TV shows in Watch Now.
- You can also discover new apps and then the latest iTunes releases in the Store.
- Also, you can access the Library for your iTunes purchases and then rentals.
- This is a Beautifully redesigned emoji that will reveal even more details.
- Now, Over 100 new emojis including new faces, food, animals, sports, and professions.
- To Improves stabilization and then delivers a fast frame rate for Live Photos.
- Now, Improves the accuracy of groupings of similar photos of the same person in the People album.
- To Fix an issue where the Memories might generate a memory from photos of screenshots, whiteboards, or receipts.
- You can also Fix an issue where the camera would stay zoomed in. Then after switching back from the Camera Roll on iPhone 7 Plus.
- Moreover, support for RAW digital cameras.
- To Adds new love and celebration on full-screen effects in Messages.
- You can also Fix an issue that sometimes prevented the keyboard from displaying in Messages.
- You can also Swipe up the Now Playing screen to more easily access Shuffle, Repeat and then click on Up Next.
- After that, choose how to sort Playlists, Albums, and Songs in the Library.
- The Stories that you have saved for later now appear on the new Saved section.
- Also, The best-paid stories from channels that you subscribe to. Then this will now appear in a dedicated section in For You.
- This is now easier and than ever to get to the next story. You just have to swipe left or tap on to the Next Story while reading.
- To Fix an issue that can also cause the Move sheet to persist after filing a Mail message.
- Then Address an issue with the long press activating copy and paste in Mail.
- Also, Fix an issue in which the wrong message would be selected after deleting a Mail conversation.
- To Add the BraillePen14 support to VoiceOver.
- You can also Fix an issue where the braille table could switch unexpectedly with VoiceOver.
- Now, Fix an issue where sometimes Siri enhanced voices were unavailable to VoiceOver.
- You can now Fix an issue where VoiceOver users could not re-order items in lists.
- Then the Fix is an issue where Switch Control was sometimes unable to delete Voicemails
Other improvements and fixes:
- To Add the notification support for HomeKit accessories including window coverings. The occupancy, motion, door/window, smoke, carbon monoxide, and the water leak sensors.
- You can also Add notification support for the HomeKit accessories. If software updates are also available to the HomeKit accessories.
- Also, you can Improve the Bluetooth performance and connectivity with 3rd party accessories.
- Then Fix an issue that could cause FaceTime participants to appear out of focus.
- You can also Fix an issue that could cause FaceTime calls to appear with incorrect aspect ratio and orientation.
- Now, Fix an issue that prevented some Visual Voicemail from completing playback.
- Then Fix a Safari Reader issue that could cause articles to open as empty pages.
- You can also Fix an issue that could cause Safari to quit unexpectedly. Then after marking an item as read in Reading List.
- Now, Separately, the tvOS 10.1 is also available for Apple TV users. Then watchOS 3.1.1 is also available for Apple Watch.
So, this is all about it!
An iOS 10.2 also includes the new wallpapers, a new TV app. There are some of the minor adjustments to the Music app that Shuffle and then Repeat the button. Here are a couple of new screen effects for iMessages. Also, over 100 new emojis icons are included. Then ranging from a cowboy, a cucumber, an astronaut, someone using a Mac, guerrilla, owl, avocado, a selfie, a handshake, and more.
Hope this guide will help you to resolve your issues. If You have any questions ask in the comments below! Thank You!