Update Samsung Galaxy Note 9 DTA4 Firmware Version
Well, it might no longer be the most powerful Galaxy Note device, the Galaxy Note 9 is still one of the few handsets that are now getting a taste of what Android 10 is like. Last year’s Samsung flagship is sure to get the jump to the latest mobile OS from Google actually. And the South Korean company has already commenced the One UI 2 beta program for Galaxy Note 9 users in Korea as well. We are going to discuss Update Samsung Galaxy Note 9 DTA4 Firmware Version. Let’s start!
The stable Android 10 update for Note 9 is also available as build DSLB and DTA1 in Europe and DTA4 in the US too. The full software versions being N960FXXU4DSLB and N960FXXS4DTA1 in Europe, and also the N960USQU3DTA4 in the US.
Update Samsung Galaxy Note 9 DTA4 Firmware Version
Well, do not try anything given on this page if you guys do not completely know what you are doing. In case any damage occurs, then we won’t be held responsible. make sure you match the model no. of your device along with the model no. of the download file.
Well, this guide is compatible only along with the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 handset. Do not try this on any other device as you might end up damaging your device and permanently brick it as well.
Make sure that you back up all of your important data (that includes photos and videos, contacts, music, videos, files, etc.) on your Galaxy Note 9 actually.
Galaxy Note 9 Android 10 firmware
- Well, for Europe/Asia/Australia, unlocked model SM-N960F:
- Version DSLB (For Germany, however, works fine for all of the regions in Europe, Asia, Australia, and much more; Released on Jan 2, 2020)
- Version DTA1 (For Germany, but it works fine for all of the regions in Europe, Asia, Australia, and much more; Released on Jan 19, 2020)
- For carrier locked US model SM-N960U:
- Version DTA5 (Comcast firmware, should work for all the carriers. That includes T-Mobile, Verizon, Sprint, etc. However, you guys may lose carrier-specific features if any; Released on Jan 27, 2020)
- To unlock US models SM-N960U1:
- Not released yet
- Make sure you have turned on ‘OEM unlock‘ under the Developer options in the Settings app.
- You have to install Samsung USB driver first of all. Double-tap on the .exe file of drivers to begin the installation. (Not needed if you have already do this.)
- Also, download Odin PC software (latest version, 3.13.3).
- Extract all of the firmware files now. You guys can use free software such as 7-zip for this. Install 7-zip. Then right-click on the firmware file and under 7-zip, choose ‘Extract here’. You should get files in .tar.md5 format now. (You may a bunch of files, and you guys will find text like AP, BL, CP or CSC, etc. That is written at the beginning of those files.). We will be loading this file into Odin, to be installed on the device actually.
- Now extract the Odin file. You guys should get the Odin exe file (other files could be hidden, thus not visible).
- Disconnect your Galaxy device from your computer if it is connected.
- Now boot your device into download mode:
- Power off your device now and then Wait for 6-7 seconds after the screen goes off.
- Connect the device to the PC via the USB cable when tapping and holding Volume down + Bixby buttons together until you guys see the Warning screen.
- Tap on Volume Up in order to continue to download mode.
- Double-tap on Odin .exe file (from step 5) in order to open the Odin window as shown below. Be careful with Odin, and do just as said to avoid problems.
- Connect your device now using the USB cable as well. Odin should now recognize your device. It’s a must thing. When it recognizes, you will then see Added!! the message that will appear in the Log box in the bottom left, and the first box under ID: COM will also show a no. and then turn its background blue.
- You guys cannot proceed until you get the Added!! the message, which confirms that Odin has recognized your device actually.
- If you don’t get Added!! the message, you have to install/re-install drivers again and use the original cable that basically came with the device. Most of the driver is actually the problem (look at step 2 above).
- You guys can also try different USB ports on your PC too.
- Then load the firmware files into Odin. Press the AP button on Odin and then choose the .tar.md5 file from above.
- Tap on the BL tab, and choose the file beginning along with BL text.
- Then click on the AP tab, and select the file beginning along with AP text.
- Tap on the CP tab, and then choose the file beginning along with CP text.
- [Different!] Tap on the CSC tab, and choose the file beginning with HOME_CSC text. If the HOME_CSC file is not available. Now choose the file beginning along with CSC text.
Whenever you guys load files, Odin checks the md5 sum of the firmware file, that takes time. So, simply wait until that’s done and the firmware file is loaded too. Just don’t worry if Odin gets unresponsive for a while, it’s normal actually. Binary size will also show up in Odin as well.
- Tap on the Options tab, and make sure the Re-partition checkbox is NOT selected. Just don’t use the PIT tab, ever.
Go back to the Log tab now, when it will show the progress of the firmware installation whenever you guys hit the start button in the next step.
- You have to verify that everything is okay as mentioned above. When satisfied, then just press the Start button on Odin now in order to start flashing the firmware on your device.
Now, wait till the installation is finished, after which your device will then reboot automatically. You’ll guys get the PASS message as shown below upon successful installation from Odin actually.
Some of these errors you may run into, and along with the respective solution.
- If Odin gets stuck at setup connection, then you have to do this all over again. Disconnect your device, close Odin, also boot the device into download mode again, open Odin, and then choose the file and flash it again as said above.
- If you guys FAIL in the top left box, then also you have to flash the file again as said just above.
Alright, folks, I hope you like this “note 9 dta4” article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.