USB Ports Not Working On Mac: How To Fix It?
If your USB Ports Not Working On Mac then here are some of the fixes that will help you to get rid of this issue. So, let’s get started! In case, if Macs usually work flawlessly but sometimes peculiar issues will pop up. Then this is one such unusual case that this is it if the USB ports on a Mac suddenly stop working. So, that it can be seeming out of the blue. During this, there may also be several reasons (or no reason) for USB ports ceasing to function with no cause. Then the good news is that it is also typically a fix.
Then the very first and the foremost you have to keep in mind that. Most of the time if a USB device itself can also fail. It is which that you may have nothing in order to do with the Mac itself. Then it is also particularly true with all of these cheap low-quality USB devices and cables. Now, the easiest way is to determine if the USB device itself that is in the problem versus the Mac USB port.
This can also try in order to use at least two different USB devices and then switch their ports. In this case, if the multiple USB devices are not working on a particular port or all ports. So, that it can then it is obviously less likely in order to be a device issue. This is more likely in order to be related to the Mac itself. Then this can also apply in order to get any and then all Macs. So, whether a MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, MacBook, iMac, Mac Mini, or Mac Pro.
Some of the solution if USB Ports Not Working On Mac:
If USB Ports Not Working On Mac: Then Reset the SMC
If you are confident on a USB port is the problem and not the device itself? Then the very first thing that you should also do is to reset the Mac SMC. So, this is also a very simple process by which it is slightly different so that it can also depend on the Mac hardware. This is for those with a MacBook, MacBook Pro, and MacBook Air, all you need to do is this:
- You have to Shut down the Mac and then connect the power cable.
- Then Hold down the Shift+Control+Option+Power concurrently. That it is for a few seconds if the light on the power adapter blinks. You can also change the colors so that you will also know about the SMC reset is complete.
- Now, you can also release all of the keys at the same time.
- Then you can also Boot the MacBook Pro / Air just by hitting the power button as is typical.
Then the USB ports that it is on the MacBook should now work just fine. This is which you can also confirm by connecting the USB device. Then it is as usual and then by check it. You have to be sure that it works. In this case, if it is still not working then you have to try another USB port then you can try another USB device.
USB Ports Not Working On Mac: the NVRAM Reset
Most of the time if resetting the NVRAM / PRAM on a Mac. Then it can also help in order to resolve the USB port failure that is as well. From the NVRAM it can also hold the various data about keyboards, mouse, trackpad, and other USB components. Then here is how you can also perform the NVRAM reset that it is on a Mac. In order to see if this resolves the USB failure:
- You can also restart the Mac, and then it can immediately hold down and then the Command + OPTION / ALT + P + R keys together. Then it can also keep holding the keys down that is until. If you hear a sound and then see the screen flash then it may also take a few seconds.
- If the Mac should also make a chime sound again. So, it can then let it boot as usual.
In case, if the Mac also boots back up again. Then the USB should be working as usual.
Now, after an SMC reset, and then after an NVRAM reset. So, none of the USB ports are working, and then no USB device is working. Most of the things that can else is likely up with the Mac.
Some of the Other Considerations:
- In case, if a single USB port also has failed. Then the other USB ports are also continuing to work on the Mac. It can even after an SMC reset then there may also be an issue with all of that specific hardware USB port. Now, you can either avoid just by using that USB port and then instead of this. In order to use a USB hub for one of the other functioning ports. Then you can also have Apple run a hardware diagnostics test on the machine to determine if there is any hardware failure.
- Now, if liquid also has a splash on the Mac or the MacBook that also has contacted water. Then you will also need in order to take immediate steps to power down and then you can dry out the Mac. So, this is for a chance in order to prevent permanent damage. Then the liquid contact can also destroy a Mac rather quickly, or damage than is certain hardware functionality, like USB
- In the case, of some of the USB devices that can also work on the Mac. So, another USB device that does not work. This can also consider that the device may be incompatible with all of that particular Mac. Now, the USB device may also be failing or have failed, or that is in some situations. If the USB device may also need in order to get specific hardware drivers that are from the manufacturer in order to work properly. This can also typically the case with special use devices, high-end scanners.
- Also Read: Install Homebrew On Mac: Ways To Install On MacOS
Also, if there are firmware and OS X software updates available, install them onto the Mac. Then you can also check this by going to the Apple menu. Now, click on the App Store then click on the Updates section. You have to be sure in order to get back up the Mac before installing any system software.
What is The reason that USB may suddenly cease to work that it is not always obvious? This is if all of the else is well and then the USB failure also happened out of the blue. Then the hardware SMC reset is also almost always the solution. So, this can have the exact scenario happens in order to get me recently. If I also travel that is with a MacBook Pro, where mysteriously many hardware functions on the Mac failed simultaneously. This is with all of the USB ports ceasing to work with any USB device.
So, there is a Bluetooth Unavailable error that appeared, sleep failure, and fans spinning up. It is just like a jet engine with no apparent cause then all of the classic symptoms of something gone haywire with the System Management Controller. This is all and then it can easily be resolved by the reset process outlined above and here. So, I am also an experienced Mac user so I knew this then given that many also have other Mac users. This is out there that is also less familiar than this type of troubleshooting is always worth covering and sharing.
In this case, if you can ever encounter the total USB failure on a Mac than it is for no apparent reason. Then try the SMC reset, then it will probably work that it is for you too.
So, that it can be seeming out of the blue. During this, there may also be several reasons (or no reason) for USB ports ceasing to function with no cause. Then the good news is that it is also typically a fix. Then the very first and the foremost you have to keep in mind that. Most of the time if a USB device itself can also fail. It is which that you may have nothing in order to do with the Mac itself. Then it is also particularly true with all of these cheap low-quality USB devices and cables.
Hope this guide will help you to resolve this issue! If You have any questions let us know in the comment section below!