Way to Resolve when Windows Won’t Shut Down
Whether you guys have a problem on your PC, your Windows PC should shut down with the tap of an option. Whether Windows won’t shut down in spite of repeated attempts, so then there is probably a problematic element on your device.
Occasionally it’s a bit tricky in order to find out exactly what’s causing the Windows shut down problem on your PC. It probably is an app, a system issue, or something else. However, there are enormous methods you can try and apply & one of these should likely resolve the issue for you.
Force Shut Down The PC
Whether the usual Start Menu shut down option does not work for you. Windows won’t shut down, so you guys probably need to use the force shutdown method. Similarly, it forces your PC in order to turn off regardless of what state it is in.
On most PCs, all you guys must have to do to force shut down the PC is to press & also hold down the Power button for a few seconds. Simply, keep it held down until you guys see your machine switching off.
At a time when that is done, so then you guys are also able to press the same Power key to turn your machine back on.
Windows offers you with multiple ways to shut down a computer. Whether the one that you usually use doesn’t work, you are also able to constantly try a different method to disable your computer.
Use Command Prompt To Shut Down Windows
However, one of the usual ways to shut down a Windows PC is to simply use a command in the Command Prompt utility. Similarly, execute a single-line command & it will confirm to switch your machine off.
- First of all, use the search box to search for Command Prompt. Tap on it when it appears in the search results.
- And when it opens, so then you must have to type in the following command & press Enter. Make sure you have saved your work in your apps before running the command.
shutdown /s /f /t 0
- Your PC will instantly turn off.
Create a Batch File To Shut Down Windows
Whether the above method successfully turned off your PC. So you will also want to stick to it to shut down your machine when you like to turn it off. You can basically save yourself from the hassle of typing in the command every time by making a batch file.
You are also able to then turn off your computer with a single click.
- First of all, use the Cortana search box to search for Notepad and tap on it when you see it.
- You guys will also use the same command which is simply used in the Command Prompt utility in Notepad. Though type in the following command.
shutdown /s /f /t 0
- Tap on the File menu at the top and choose the Save option. You guys will also be saving it as an executable batch file on your Computer.
- However, just on the following screen, you must have to select your Desktop as the location to save the file. It will be simplest for you in order to run the file from your Desktop than anywhere else.
- Now enter a name for your file followed just by a dot & then bat. However, it should also look something just like shutdown.bat.
- Now from the Save as type box, select All Files as you don’t like to save it as a text file.
- Then tap on the Save button to save the file.
- You are also able to right-click on the file and choose Run as administrator to shutdown your PC. However, this step can also simply be diminished by setting the file to always run as admin.
- Here you must Right-click on the file and choose to Send to followed by Desktop. It will create a shortcut on your Desktop.
- Now you should Right-click on the recently created shortcut and select Properties.
- Confirm that you are inside the Shortcut tab. Then find & tao on the Advanced button.
- Checkmark Run as administrator and tap on OK.
You are also able to double-click on the file each time you guys wish to turn off your computer.
Use The Run Box To Shut Down Windows
You are also able to use the above command in the Run box too.
- Here firstly, press the Windows + R keys at the same time.
- Then just type in the following command and hit Enter.
shutdown /s /f /t 0
Quit The Open Apps And Kill Processes To Shut Down The Computer
Well, guys! Another possible reason for the issue Window’s won’t shut down is just because you have definite apps open on your machine. However, quitting them all should likely resolve the issue for you.
- Here, first of all, you have to right-click on your taskbar at the bottom and select Task Manager.
- Now head to the Processes tab if you are not already there. Choose each process that you guys specify as an app and tap on the End task button. You must need to do it for each process in the list.
It will close the application just by killing its process. You guys are also able to then use the standard shutdown procedure to shut down your PC.
Turn Off the Fast Startup To Fix Windows Shutdown Issue
However, the Fast Startup is one of the features simply involved with your PC’s start-up process. Disabling it might resolve the issue for you.
- First of all, Organize the Control Panel and choose the Power Options option.
- Choose what the power button does in the left sidebar.
- Now you should untick the option that says Turn on fast startup (recommended), and tap Save changes at the bottom.
You probably now try shutting down your PC to see whether it works.
Restart Your Windows Computer Instead
Whether shutting down does not work, you are able to try rebooting your PC instead. Once it reboots, you guys can also try to shut down your machine.
- Tap on the Start Menu icon, select the power icon, and select the Restart.
Use the Troubleshooter When Windows Won’t Shut Down
Finally, whether nothing works, so then you can also troubleshoot the issue with Windows Troubleshooter.
- First of all, you have to tap the Settings app and tap on Update & Security.
- Choose Troubleshoot in the left sidebar, tap on Power on the right-hand side pane, and select Run the troubleshooter.
- Also, let the troubleshoot run, detect problems, and provide you possible fixes to those issues.
Must read this article: How To Fix If Printer Stuck In Offline Status _Troubleshoot Tips
Occassionally it’s a bit tricky in order to find out exactly what’s causing the Windows shut down problem on your PC. It probably is an app, a system issue, or something else. However, there are enormous methods you can try and apply & one of these should likely resolve the issue for you.
Your Windows shutdown problem should be gone at a time when you guys have applied the suggested fixes.