Way to Trim an MP3 on your Mac: Tutorial Guide
Well, Guys! When I browsed Apple Communities, at that time I saw many people asking the way to trim MP3 music audio, Mac. However, they had a variety of favorite songs & would like to trim them on Mac so as to create a ringtone. Basically, two advantages of trimming MP3 music are there on Mac. Otherwise, you will also get the length that you want through trimming MP3 Mac; Otherwise, you are also able to save the space of your Mac. But listen to your favorite songs with an MP3 trimmer Mac. Here let’s move to the guide in order to learn the way to trim MP3 Music on Mac.
Method 1: Trim MP3 Audio Mac with QuickTime Player
However, guys! The QuickTime Player is basically developed by Apple Inc. That permits the users to carry out some main functions such as the playback of movies, audios, images, graphics & as well as the VR movies, etc. However, the QuickTime Player is preinstalled in every Mac PC. So you do not need to download it again online. However, the QuickTime Player is also not able to only trim MP3 Mac. But also trim music in further formats just like WAV. Hence, whether you guys like to trim music Mac, it is too easy for this Mac MP3 Trimmer to finish it.
- First of all, you have to copy the MP3 file that you must have trim on the desktop. Next, you should head to the MP3 file in QuickTime Player. Though you are also able to directly drag the audio into QuickTime Dock iCon.
- Tap “Command + T” to activate the trim function or here you have to head to the “Edit” menu to find the trim function.
- Now drag the left & right yellow sliders in order to trim down the length that you guys like. Next press the playing button at the top to make sure if the sound clip is what you guys like or not.
- Whether you are satisfied with the sound clip, so then you are also able to tap the yellow “Trim” button. just after that, you must head to the File > Save As/Export. Lots of output formats are available there, but most users tend to select the M4R format as the output format so as to ease its usage on iPhone.
Method 2: Trim MP3 Audio Mac with Garageband
However, just as for the best MP3 trimmer Mac, Garageband is doubtlessly also one of the perfect choices. The interface of Garageband is a little bit complicated for a novice. But it will also be of the best use just after you guys learn the way to use it. This MP3 trimmer Mac also helps to trim music in different formats, including AIFF, WAV & MIDI, and export audio to MP3, MP4, or AIFF format. Similarly, the Garageband is bountiful in a wide range of realistic/logical, sampled instruments & software modeled synthesizers for making real music. Also playing music live through connecting a USB MIDI keyboard to PC. Now let’s view the way to trim MP3 music on Mac with the Mac mp3 trimmer.
- First of all, you have to organize the Mac MP3 trimmer. Choose the “Empty Project” panel. Select MP3 music you must have to trim from iTunes library, Loop library, or your desktop. You guys are also able to tap, hold & drag the song to the right workspace.
- Here you guys should move your mouse just to the right edge of the waveform. And then you will also view a cursor. Simply put your cursor in the middle of the audio track, and then the cursor looks like a line with arrows. Tap, hold and drag the track edge in order to trim the MP3 Mac.
- Well, You guys are also able to tap the playing button simply to listen to the sound clip. Whether you are excited with it, so then tap Share > Export Song to Disk” and select output formats like MP3, AAC, AIFF.
Method 3: Trim MP3 Audio Mac with Leawo Music Recorder
Alright, Guys! This method is different from methods 1 & 2. However, the Leawo Music Recorder for Mac also trims the MP3 Mac just by recording the sound section you wish. However, the Leawo Music Recorder is also able to record any audio from any audio source just including online audio such as YouTube, Spotify & Facebook, PC audio & microphone audio. You guys are also able to record audio in over 300 formats & also save them in the output format of MP3, WAV, or M4A. Similarly, the Mac MP3 trimmer also supports you to produce the trimmed MP3 by setting the parameters of little rate & sample rate. On the other hand, you can manually add & edit music tags just like the title, genre, album, and so forth with this MP3 trimmer Mac. Now permit me to introduce you to the way to trim MP3 Mac with Mac MP3 audio trimmer.
Leawo Music Recorder
- Leawo Music Recorder is able to record any sound from PC and microphone audio.
- Record music from 1000+ music sites: YouTube, Facebook, etc.
- Schedule music recording through the recording task scheduler.
- Manually add music tags: artist, album, etc.
- It also saves recordings to either WAV/MP3/W4A format.
Download & also install this Mac audio editing software on your Mac PC and then organize it. The below steps would display you the way to trim MP3 music files on Mac. It also works on Mac OS 10.6 and later.
1: Set audio source
Here you must tap the little microphone icon at the bottom left in order to enter the “Audio Source” panel. Select either “Record Computer Audio” or “Record Audio Input” based on your real situation.
2. Choose output format
You guys are also able to find the format panel by heading to the Leawo Music Recorder > Preferences > Format. Just three output formats are also available: MP3, WAV, and M4A. You guys are also able to adjust the sample rate and bit rate on the same panel.
3. Select the output directory
Well, Guys just on the same panel, you have to head to the General. In order to select the output directory by tapping the blue folder icon to browse.
4. Begin to trim MP3 Mac
Simply activate the recording button just to start recording in the basic interface. Then play audio that you guys just need to trim. When you complete it, so then you can tap the recording button again to pause the recording.
5. Manually edit music tags
Furthermore guys the Leawo Music Recorder is also too supportive in manually downloading music tags. Though you are also able to manually edit music tags like title, artist. And year by heading to Library & right-clicking the recording to select “Edit Music Tags”.
For Windows PCs, please turn to Leawo Music Recorder to record & also edit the music on Windows PC with ease.
How to Trim MP3, m4a, and Audio in Mac OS X
Similarly, here’s another way to trim MP3’s and audio on a Mac using the built-in QuickTime tools:
- However, Here you should, first of all, make a copy of the MP3 file you like to trim
- Head to the MP3 file with QuickTime Player, then you are also able to organize the app from /Applications/. And then simply drag the MP3 file to edit into the QuickTime Dock icon
- Now you must Hit Command+T to head to the Trim function. Or, you guys are also able to find the Trim function under the “Edit” menu
- Simply drag the yellow sliders on the left & right sides to trim down the section of the song to where you guys desire. Simply press the play button in order to make sure the audio segment is where that you like the things to be
- When you are finished, so then tap the yellow ‘Trim’ button
- Head to the File -> Save As & save as an appropriate file type. You will have several options whether you select “Save As” or “Export”. But most users will also like to select the “m4a” format or the iPhone .m4v movie file as the saved file
However, guys! Now the MP3 also has been trimmed down the section of the song you wanted. Whether the file is m4a, aac, m4v, or beside, you are also able to use iTunes to change the song to MP3 format again. Besides, you guys can also keep it in the recent file format. M4a is literally a variation of the popular mp3 format. And works just fine across many platforms, whilst still hanging on to high-quality sound & good compression.
Furthermore, this also works in the current versions of QuickTime Player for just about every version of OS X ever released, though ranging from Snow Leopard to OS X Mavericks, El Capitan, & presumably simply into the future.
Alright, Guys! Here I hope that you guys like the guide if you have any queries so then you can ask us in the comments section below.
Must read this article: Way to Remove Specific Chrome Autofill Suggestions