Ways To Disable Microsoft Edge From Windows 10
If you want to Disable Microsoft Edge and you have no idea how to disable it then read this guide below. This process is also taken a while that is for Microsoft. Also, to become competitive again in the browser market. So, this company has finally launched a browser worth using in the new. A Google Chrome-based Microsoft Edge. Having Microsoft’s new browser has been lauded for its speed and also ease of use on multiple platforms. It also includes in smartphones.
A Microsoft Edge that is not for everyone, however. In case, if you are happy using Chrome or Firefox. Then you probably are not in a rush yet to switch to another Microsoft browser. Now, You can also bypass Edge pretty easily if you don’t use it. Also, if you want to know about how to remove Microsoft Edge from Windows 10 completely. Then you will also need to follow these steps.
How To Remove Microsoft Edge From Windows 10? Is It Possible?
So, it depends. Also, there are two versions of Microsoft Edge. Then you may have also installed this on your computer. Now, the ability to remove them varies. In case, if you have the older Microsoft Edge browser installed. Also, it is used as Microsoft’s own browsing engine and also has a different interface. So, you won’t be able to remove it directly. Although, this is from Windows 10 version 2004. Now, this version of Edge is being automatically replaced with the new one. A Chrome-based Edge release.
Sadly, if you won’t be able to remove this version of Microsoft Edge directly, either. So, this is the only way that you can also remove Microsoft Edge from your PC. In case, if you have downloaded the new Chrome-based Edge and then install it. So, this is manually from the Microsoft website. Also, This won’t remove Edge completely, however.
This is One way or another, Microsoft Edge is also a core component of Windows 10. In case, if you have upgraded this early and installed it on the Chrome-based Edge. You can also remove it and will cause the original Edge browser to return. Then at least it will also replace it with the newer version automatically.
So, there are few options to stop, hide, and otherwise disable Edge. In case, if you don’t want to use it, then this is not necessarily also the best thing to do. Most of the core Windows features will also rely on Edge. Then you can (for the most part) also bypass it entirely by setting another browser as your default web browser. Then ignoring Edge completely.
Also, This will ensure that, in almost every situation. If your third-party browser is used for the web. In case, if you insist on disabling Edge, so you will also need to remember this warning. So, that it could also result in complications at a later date.
How To Use The Windows 10 and then Uninstall Menu (For Manual Edge Installations)
In case, if you have installed the new. Now, Chrome-based Microsoft Edge yourself that is from the Microsoft website. After that, you can also remove this just like any other Windows app that is from the Windows Settings menu.
- You have to Right-click on the Start menu icon and then click on the Settings to begin. Now, this is from here, you have to click on Apps > Apps & Features and then find Microsoft Edge in the list (or by using the search bar).
- When you have found Edge, then click on the entry and then press Uninstall to begin the removal. You have to Press Uninstall available in the pop-up menu again to confirm. Then Make sure that any open Edge browsers are closed. So, otherwise, the removal won’t be able to proceed.
- Now, the Edge will also ask you for confirmation to uninstall. Then click on the Uninstall again to agree to do this. You have to make sure that the Also clear your browsing data checkbox. This is also removed if you want to wipe your browsing history in the process.
So, This will only work if you have manually installed it in the new Edge release. When Windows 10 have updated (version 2004 and newer). Now, this version of Edge will also replace the older version entirely through Windows update. Also, you won’t be able to remove it.
How To Change Your Default Web Browser In the Windows 10?
In case, if you prefer to use another web browser. Then you can mostly ignore the existence of Microsoft Edge just by selecting another browser. So, this is your default web browser in Windows 10.
- You have To do this, then right-click on the Windows Start menu. Then click on Settings. Now, from here, you have to press Apps > Default Apps. Now, Click on the existing Web Browser entry and then begin changing your default browser.
- Using the Choose an app pop-up window. Then select another installed web browser from the list. In case, if you don’t have one installed. Now, click on the Look for an app in the Microsoft Store to find an alternative.
When you select it, then your chosen browser will also use for almost all web-based services on Windows 10. Then You can also change this at any time just by repeating the steps above.
How to Use the PowerShell To Remove Microsoft Edge?
In case, if you are determined to try to remove Microsoft Edge entirely. So, you may be able to do so using a PowerShell command. Also, this is not guaranteed to work, although this may cause some complications. In case, if you try to use an app or system feature that will also need some Edge to work.
- You have To do this, then open a PowerShell window by right-clicking on the Start menu. After that, select the Windows PowerShell (Admin).
- Using the open PowerShell window. You have to type get-appx package *edge*. Then find all appropriate system packages that are for Microsoft Edge on your PC.
- You have to Take note of the PackageFullName value for Microsoft.Microsoft edge package. Then remove this from your PC you have to type remove-appx package. In the next stage, you have to type the PackageFullName value and then hit enter.
So, This may only work for older versions of Microsoft Edge, however. In case, if this method does not work for you. Then you will also need to try disabling it manually using the method below.
How To Disable the Microsoft Edge Using Windows File Explorer?
This is for security reasons, Windows is also pretty protective of core system features and files. In case, if you are trying to disable Microsoft Edge. So, you are not having luck with the methods above. Then you should be able to rename the folder and also sits in using Windows File Explorer.
Just By renaming the folder, you will also hide all Edge system files. Just by preventing it from running and disabling it in the process.
- You have To disable Microsoft edge the system version of Edge. Then open C:\Windows\SystemApps in File Explorer. Now, Locate the Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_xxxxxx folder, right-click, then select Rename.
- So, You can also rename this to anything you like. Also, this is one of the best to simply add -OLD to the folder name. Also, This will allow you to easily rename and then restore the folder if you encounter problems later.
- Having A UAC window will appear, just by asking you to confirm. Then Click on Yes and then allow the change.
When you rename, the Edge system files will remain in place. So, Windows won’t be able to access them (because it won’t know where to find them). Now, This will also ensure you that Edge remains disabled. Then you can also restore access to it just by renaming the folder back to the original folder name at a later date.
The Better Web Browsing In Windows 10:
If you are an Edge fan or you are just too used to Firefox or Chrome. So, there are plenty of options out there to choose from to get online and browse your favorite websites. In case, if you are worried about your safety online. Then you could also consider just using VPN Chrome extensions to hide your IP address.
So, You may also decide to go even further and then use a browser sandbox in Windows 10. Then isolate your web browsing completely that is from other system resources. In case, if you want to make money while you browse. Then you could even consider turning to the Brave Browser instead. This will also offer cryptocurrency rewards for using it.
So, this company has finally launched a browser worth using in the new. A Google Chrome-based Microsoft Edge. Having Microsoft’s new browser has been lauded for its speed and also eases of use on multiple platforms. It also includes in smartphones. A Microsoft Edge that is not for everyone, however. In case, if you are happy using Chrome or Firefox. Then you probably are not in a rush yet to switch to another Microsoft browser.
This is all about how to disable Microsoft edge. Share your reviews in the comment section below.