Ways To Disable Telemetry Windows 10 -Guide
In this guide, you will learn some ways to Disable Telemetry Windows 10. Now, with the data breaches and malware infections on the rise. Just taking your data privacy seriously, is now more essential than ever. So, this is without adequate protection in place. If you are leaking data about yourself to every website. Then you can also visit and to every app you install. This is even to Microsoft itself. So, thanks to the Windows 10 telemetry system.
So, the effort is to help troubleshoot the Windows 10 user experience. A Microsoft logs data about the apps and features you will use. Then your system information, your system settings, and more. In case, if you are worried about this data being shared. So, you can also disable Windows 10 telemetry just by following these steps.
What Is Telemetry Windows 10?
So, Windows 10 is not the first Windows that will release to collect and then share your system data with itself. Then Microsoft has a certainly increased amount of data. So, it will also collect and then share this in this release. A Telemetry also has the practice and also called this how Microsoft does this.
Now, Along with your general privacy settings, such as the data Windows. This will also collect you to help serve advertisements or filter adult content. Then Microsoft will also collect location data, information on your Windows usage, and then other under-the-hood diagnostic information. You have to help monitor and then troubleshoot Windows across millions of PCs.
Then you can also see the benefit for Microsoft. So, there are some serious privacy concerns, and then to consider this for the standard Windows user here. Now, Microsoft also made it extremely hard to disable Windows 10’s telemetry settings that are for Windows 10 Home users. Apart from giving users the option to limit it to only basic data collection.
In case, if you are using Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, or Education. So, you can also disable telemetry entirely just by editing the registry or also by using the Group Policy Editor. Then this option is also disabled for many users.
Now, The choice is yours, and then you can also leave telemetry enabled. This will also allow Microsoft to collect various bits of information about you. Then your location, and also your activities. On the other hand, you can also set telemetry to the minimal settings (or disable it entirely). You have to cut Microsoft off from its data collection activities and then put you back in control.
Ways To Limit/ Disable Telemetry Windows 10 Data:
So, As we’ve mentioned, Microsoft also prevents Windows 10 Home users. This is also able to completely disable telemetry data. In case, if you want to limit your telemetry data sharing. Then you can also do so from the Windows Settings menu.
- You can also access this menu, then right-click on the Start menu and then click on Settings. So, This will also load the Windows 10 Settings menu in a new window.
- Using the Windows Settings menu. You have to click on Privacy > Feedback & diagnostics. You have to access your telemetry settings.
Now, Under the Diagnostic and usage data section you can also change the various data collection levels. At this moment, it includes in different option that is for basic data collection. This will also limit the information sent to Microsoft to only include system settings, hardware. So, whether or not your system is working correctly.
On the other hand, you could also choose full data collection. This will also send all diagnostic data. It includes data on the websites and then you visit, apps and features you use, device health, and additional error data for troubleshooting.
- After that, Select one of the options available in this menu to choose between these options. Now, Those options that you choose will be applied immediately.
You can also release Windows 10. So, these settings will also be changed to required diagnostic data (to replace basic data collection) and optional diagnostic data (to replace full data collection). After that, the settings should remain the same, this is with replaced setting names.
Ways To Complete Disable Telemetry In Windows 10 Pro/Enterprise and Education Editions Using GPEditor?
So, this is not an option for Windows 10 Home users. This is also possible to disable telemetry data just by sharing for Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and the Education users.
Now, There are two ways to do this. So, You can also change your telemetry settings just by using the Group Policy Editor or also by modifying the Windows Registry using the Windows Registry editor.
- You have to To do this just by using the Group Policy Editor. Then press on the Windows Key + R and then open the Run command box. So, From there, you have to type gpedit. msc and then click on OK.
- Using the Group Policy Editor, you can also use the left-hand menu to access Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Data Collection and Preview Builds. Using the list of settings that will also be visible on the right—double-click on the Allow Telemetry setting.
- Then the Allow Telemetry settings window, you can also change your telemetry settings. Then you have to Make sure that the first click will also Enable option. This is available in the top-left corner and then this will allow you to configure this here.
- Now, Under Options, you can also change your telemetry collection settings. Also, This ranges from 0 (disabled) to 4 (full). Then the Only Enterprise, Pro, and also Education users can also set this to 0. In case, if you have these editions, then set this. You can also set 0 for disable, 1 for basic, or 3 for full. Then the 2 (enhanced) setting that has been phased out. You can also set this that may result in Windows defaulting to a higher setting instead.
- When your setting is applied, then click on OK to save. So, This will also apply the new telemetry settings to your PC.
How To Completely limit Using Registry Editor?
In case, if you want to completely disable telemetry in Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, or Education. Now, you can also use the Windows Registry Editor to do this. Now, Windows 10 Home users can also do this to change their telemetry settings. So, you will only be able to limit data collection, then stop it completely. Also, For Windows 10 Home users. So, this is also best to use the Windows 10 Settings menu instead.
- To start, you have to open the Registry Editor just by pressing the Windows Key + R. By typing regedit into the Run command box that will also open. You have to click on OK and then launch.
- Using the Windows Registry Editor window. To use the left-hand tree menu to access HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. Then click on the SOFTWARE > Policies > Microsoft > Windows > DataCollection. Now, on the right-hand panel, then right-clicks. After that, select the New > DWORD (32-bit) Value option.
- Also, Name the new value as Allow Telemetry. When it is created, then double-click on the value to change the value.
- Now, in the edit DWord (32-bit) Value box. You have to type a value in the Value data box. Also, These matches have the values used by the Group Policy Editor. Then you can also choose 0 (disabled, for Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education users). Then 1 (basic data collection, for all users), 2 (for enhanced collection, but no longer in use). Also, 3 (full data collection). When you have made your choice. Then click on OK to save.
When the value has been edited. Then the telemetry setting you have chosen will be active. So, You can also close the Registry Editor at this point.
How To Protect Your Data On Windows 10?
Also, If you decide to disable Windows 10 telemetry. Then you will be limiting the amount of personalized support Microsoft. It can also offer to help troubleshoot issues and then you can also come across just by using its operating system. So, there is no risk to disabling telemetry, however. In case, if you prefer to limit the data being shared, you should disable it.
Now, there are other ways that you can also protect your data than you are using Windows. So, You should first check to see if your data has been compromised online and, if it has, changes your passwords immediately. In case, if you are really worried. Then consider encrypting your hard drive and then staying in total control of your data.
So, this is without adequate protection in place. If you are leaking data about yourself to every website. Then you can also visit and to every app you install. This is even to Microsoft itself. So, thanks to the Windows 10 telemetry system. This effort is to help troubleshoot the Windows 10 user experience. A Microsoft logs data about the apps and features you will use. Then your system information, your system settings, and more.