Ways To Download iOS Updates Without iTunes
In this article, you will learn the ways to Download iOS Updates Without iTunes. This can also download any iOS software updates. These software updates are for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch that is without using iTunes. Also, there are actually having two ways to do this. So, the very first side is by using the iOS device itself. Then there are caveats and limitations with that. Now, there is the traditional method of downloading the updated files directly from Apple without iTunes. This is particularly very helpful for those who also rely on download managers. Now, you just have to encounter the trouble with iTunes automatic updates.
So, we will also cover both of the methods of obtaining iOS software without using iTunes to download it. Now, we will also start with the easiest method of using the device itself to get the iOS update. Also, this applies to all modern versions of iOS.
How To Downloads Directly to the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch:
We should thank the OTA (standing for Over The Air) updates. Then you can also download the updates of the iOS directly on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch without even using iTunes. So, there is also a caveat here though this that one is in the device. This must be running system software programs later than version iOS 5.0. Then the older hardware may also be left out. In most cases, if you are running iOS 5 or later. Then you can also use OTA to update iOS with no attachment to a computer or PC whatsoever.
- You have to Tap on the “Settings” and then tap on the “General” option.
- Click on the “Software Update” to see if any update is available for the over-the-air download.
In this case, if an update is available then tapping on Download and Install will finish. So, the process for you with having no attachment to a computer and having no iTunes at all. Now, this is also really far from the easiest way to get the iOS update installed. This is into a device and then it requires no computer at all. So, the whole thing is completed that is on the iPhone or iPad.
How To Download iOS Updates Without iTunes:
In this case, you can always download the iOS IPSW files without iTunes. So, the update and the software using iTunes itself. You have to select your iOS hardware to get a complete list of iOS updates for that device:
- View all new iOS IPSW versions and files
- iPhone IPSW Downloads
- iPad IPSW Downloads
- iPod touch IPSW Downloads
You have to note that you will still need to use iTunes. Then install the iOS update on your hardware.
Reason Not Use iTunes to Update iOS on iPhone?
However, iTunes is one of the official ways for iOS updates. Then some of the users may encounter trouble with the iTunes automatic updates.
- iTunes is also unable to recognize the latest update.
- Also, iTunes will time out during the download.
- The Unknown errors like iTunes error 1671, error 4013 when updating iPhone.
- So, iPhone could not be updated using iTunes.
- iTunes failed to download the iOS update.
How To Download iOS Update without iTunes over the Air (OTA)?
So, this is the way of updating iOS that does not require use iTunes and it is done over the air. This is for the method that you have to work with without any hassle. Now smoothly you also need to make sure that your iPhone is connected to a stable internet connection. You have to ensure that your iPhone has sufficient storage space. Then there are some of the new updates that can install. So, here are some of the steps that you need to follow and then know how to update the iPhone without iTunes over the air.
- You have to open the “Settings” on your iPhone. Then tap on the “General” option and then navigate to the “Software Update”.
- After that, Tap on the “Download and Install”. So, these options will also available if an iOS update is there.
- If this promotes then tap on “Install Now”.
- You have to enter your iPhone passcode and then agree to the specified terms and conditions.
To Download iOS Update without iTunes from ipsw.me:
The ipws. me is a website from where you can download any version of iOS on your iPhone. Now, you can also download the iOS IPSW files without iTunes. So, you can also update the software by using iTunes itself. This is often faster to just download and then update files directly from Apple. You have to do this, then follow the steps given below.
- You have to open the browser on your iPhone and then navigate to the path.
- After that, Pick your product, in this case, then tap on “iPhone”.
- Then download ipsw.
- Now, choose the model of your iPhone.
- You have to Pick the iOS version that you will need to download and then tap on the “Download” option. Also, the version of iOS has picked up, and then you will also download this.
- When you have download the IPSW file that can also correspond with your iOS device. You have to Launch the iTunes and then Option + Click (Mac OS X) or Shift + Click (Windows) and then use the Update button.
- Then select the IPSW update file you just downloaded. You have to let the iTunes update in your hardware to the latest version.
So, The iOS update file has downloaded, now what?
If you have download the IPSW file that can also correspond this with your iOS device:
- First of all, you have to launch iTunes.
- Then Option + Click (Mac OS X) or Shift + Click (Windows) then Update button.
- You have to select the IPSW update file then you just download it.
- After that, let us know the iTunes update that your hardware is also for the latest version.
So, This is all about there is to it. Now, This is often a more reliable way to get an iOS update immediately. Most of the time, iTunes will time out during the download if an iOS update has just been released. So, this is probably due to the server overload.
Honestly, this is often faster to just download the update files that are directly from Apple. From this they also delivered this through a CDN they also tend to go at or near your maximum download speeds.
Now, on a side note, if you also attempt and then download an iOS update. This is from this within iTunes and it failed, you may want to trash the file it downloaded. Now, you can also do this by going to the IPSW file location and then just deleting the file. Most of the time this is alone and can resolve iOS download problems too.
Also, there are actually having two ways to do this. So, the very first side is by using the iOS device itself. Then there are caveats and limitations with that. Now, there is the traditional method of downloading the updated files directly from Apple without iTunes. This is particularly very helpful for those who also rely on download managers. Now, you just have to encounter the trouble with iTunes automatic updates.
Hope this guide will help you to understand this topic. If You have any questions let us know in the comments below.