Ways To Fix Black Screen Of Death _Windows 10
This guide is all about fixing the Black Screen Of Death. Getting the blue screen of death is bad. In this at least your computer will tell you that there is something wrong. Alternatively, if you will end up with a black screen of death. Then you are on your own. So, you are left guessing what the problem is.
Now, Let’s have a look at the causes and solutions on how to fix a black screen of death error on Windows 10. Also, This is the way, that you can resolve the issue without having to immediately ditch your computer.
How To Find Out If Your Computer Is Working on Black Screen Of Death?
This is also the possible reason for a black screen issue. Also, it wil set up the process during a Windows 10 installation and is not yet complete. In case, if you have large data files from an earlier Windows installation. You don’t get surprised if the setup takes up hours of your time.
In case, if you didn’t know this. Then you just have to go ahead and assumed Windows is already installed. Also, if so, then you must be the reason why you now have a black screen. So, This is one of the solutions is to find out if your computer is still working.
- You will also Locate the LED that shows hard drive activity. Now, observe it.
- In case, if this light is blinking. This also means that the setup process is still ongoing. Most of the case, all you have to do is to wait for it to finish.
- Now, it’s not lighting up, and also it means that the setup process is stuck, and it can’t proceed further.
How To Turn Off Your Computer on Black Screen Of Death?
So, as we set up the process that is not getting you anywhere. Also, it means you have to try again.
- You can also use the power button to turn off your computer. In case, if it doesn’t turn off the way it normally does. Now, you have to press and then hold the power button for about five to ten seconds.
- Also, Disconnect from the net just by unplugging your Ethernet cable. You can also turn it off on any wireless adapters.
- Then the Disconnect other peripherals, too. It will also include in-game controllers and external hard drives.
- You can also disconnect the power cord from your computer, too. Also, wait about thirty seconds to do things all over again.
- Now, Reconnect the power cord, peripherals, wireless adapters, and Ethernet cable. You can also Turn on your computer and install Windows again.
To Turn To Safe Mode:
In case, if the root of the problem is a hardware performance issue. Now, loading up only the essential programs will save the day. You have To boot your system into Safe Mode, and then start your PC. When you see the sign-in screen, and then hold downshift. You have to choose the power button and go with Restart.
To Wake Up Your Display with Black Screen Of Death:
Now, your computer can also give you the black screen of death. In case, if Windows 10 isn’t detecting the display. Also, The straightforward solution: force it to wake up. Just turn to your keyboard for this.
- First of all, you have to hit the Windows key.
- After that hit the ctrl, shift, and B.
To Reinstall The Video Card:
So, Another possibility is a defective video card. What if you need to do is reinstall it.
- The very First step is that, you can also hit the Windows key and select Device Manager.
- You can also Scroll down until you come across Display adapters. Also, Expand this section by clicking on to the arrow next to it
- So, you can also choose your display adapter. Then Right-click on it and then choose Uninstall device.
- When it is uninstalled, then right-click on this section again. You can also select Scan for hardware changes to make it reappear for you to reinstall it.
Update Your Driver:
In case, if your video card is not defective, then it could be outdated. Also, if this will also get a cause of a black screen. You can also resolve this matter, go to the Device Manager again.
After that go to Display adapters and then expand it. Then Select your display adapter and right-click on it. You can also choose the Update driver.
To Stop RunOnce Processes Update Your Driver:
In case, if you get a black screen after you log in. Then the problem could be from a process that’s running.
- You can also start resolving this. Also, you can then hit the Windows key and launch Task Manager.
- After that, You can also press Ctrl and shift and esc. Just by doing this and will also open your Task Manager.
- Now, There, you can also check for a RunOnce.exe process. In case, if it is running, then right-click on it and select Stop.
- Also, For the change to take effect then restart your computer. Now, You can do this by hitting the restart button.
- Then the other option is to let Task Manager pave the way. You can also start with this, and then go to File.
- You have to select the Run new task.
- Now, There, a key in cmd and press OK.
- Using the command prompt window type in shutdown -r -t 01 and press enter.
In this at least your computer will tell you that there is something wrong. Alternatively, if you will end up with a black screen of death. Then you are on your own. So, you are left guessing what the problem is. Now, Let’s have a look at the causes and solutions on how to fix a black screen of death error on Windows 10.
Hope you like it! Share your reviews in the comments below. If You still have any query let us know!