Ways To Fix Outlook Stuck On Loading Profile _Guide
Do you guys ever face the issue of Outlook Stuck On Loading Profile? Normally, Outlook will be stuck on the loading profile screen. If you will try to launch it. Then this is what it happens, Outlook won’t get past that screen no matter what you do. As the result, you can’t access any of your emails with the app.
So, There are various reasons why Outlook is stuck on the loading profile screen. Also, You can fix the underlying issues on your computer to get rid of this Outlook error.
How To Fix Outlook Stuck On Loading Profile?
How To Run Outlook With Administrator Privileges:
When Outlook works just fine in normal mode. Most of the time, it helps to use it in administrative mode to fix many issues. An Admin mode also allows Outlook to run many admin-level tasks which you could fix the issue you’re facing.
- First of all, you have to Find the Outlook shortcut on your desktop.
- Then Right-click on the Outlook shortcut and then choose Run as administrator.
- You have to click on the Yes option that is available in the prompt that appears on your screen.
Then Launch Outlook In Safe Mode:
It is just Like the Windows operating system. An Outlook also comes with the safe mode to help you troubleshoot issues on your computer. The Safe mode will only load the essential files to run Outlook. Then this will also give you a chance to disable any suspicious Outlook add-ins.
- You have to press the Windows + R keys at the same time to open Run.
- Then type the following command into Run and then press on entering. outlook.exe /safe
- Now, choose your profile and click on OK.
- You have to click on the File menu at the top.
- Then select Options from the left sidebar to access the Outlook settings menu.
- You have to Choose Add-ins from the options that are available on the left sidebar.
- Now, Select COM Add-ins from the Manage dropdown menu and then click on the Go option.
- Then Untick all the add-ins in the list and click OK.
- You have to Close the Outlook and then relaunch it.
- Now, you have to Enable the add-ins one by one. Then this will also help you to find the add-in that’s causing the issue.
To kill All Office Processes Using Task Manager:
So, Microsoft also recommends that you can close all Office processes with Task Manager. You can also fix the Outlook that is stuck on the loading profile issue. Then you have to Make sure that you can also save your work in these Office apps before you close them.
- First of all, Right-click on the Windows taskbar and choose Task Manager.
- After that, click on the Processes tab when Task Manager opens.
- You have to Find all the Office processes. Then right-click on them one by one, and select End task.
- After that, Launch Outlook and it should work.
Use Outlook In Airplane Mode- Outlook Stuck On Loading Profile:
If you launch Outlook, then it will also connect to your email server to fetch new emails. In this case, if there is an issue with your network connection. Then it can also cause connectivity issues with Outlook. So, this will also lead the issues like Outlook getting stuck at the loading profile screen. Now, You can also try running Outlook in airplane mode to fix this issue.
- You have to click on the notifications icon at the bottom-right corner of your screen.
- Then Select the Airplane mode tile to enable the mode.
- The Airplane mode is enabled and then launches the Outlook app.
To Turn Off Outlook Presence Options _ Outlook Stuck On Loading Profile
An Outlook will also offer a couple of features to show your presence in the app. In case, if you have these features that will enable this on your machine. So, Microsoft suggests you turn them off to see if that fixes the Outlook stuck-on loading profile issue.
Now, This method will only work if you can somehow launch the Outlook app on your computer. Normally, If the error is occasional, then this method will work. You can also Disable these presence features that won’t affect much of your emailing experience in Outlook.
- You have to Launch the Outlook app on your computer.
- Then click on the File menu at the top-left corner.
- So, several options are available in the left sidebar. Then click on the one that says Options.
- You can also select the People that are from the left sidebar on the following screen.
- Now, you can also find the section titled that is as Online status and photographs on the right-hand side pane. Then you can also untick the following options.
- Can Display online status next to name.
- To Show user photographs when available (requires restarting Outlook)
- Now, click on OK at the bottom to save the changes. You can also Close the Outlook app and then re-open it.
How To Fix Outlook Stuck On Loading Profile Files?
So, Outlook can get stuck on the loading profile screen. In case, if one or more of its files are corrupted. Hopefully, Outlook will also come as a bundle that is with a utility that will also let you fix these corrupted files.
Now, there is not much manual input required to fix the corrupt files. So, The utility program that does everything it needs. You have to fix your files and then help you to open Outlook without issues.
- You have to right-click on the Outlook shortcut available on your desktop. Now, choose Properties.
- Then click on the Shortcut tab at the top.
- Now, You will also find a button that says Open File Location. After that, click on it to open the folder where the actual Outlook app is located.
- So, there are many files available in the open folder. You have to find the executable file named SCANPST.exe and then double-click on the file to open it.
- Now, The program wil also ask you to add the file. So, you want to scan for issues. Then click on the Browse button to add your file.
- You can also Navigate to one of the following locations. Then find the file that has a .pst extension, and then select it to be added to the utility.
- Path 1 – C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
- Path 2 – C:\Users\<username>\Roaming\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
- Now, Click on Start in the utility.
- You have to Tick-mark on the Make backup of scanned file before repairing option and click Repair.
- After that, Launch Outlook when the file is repaired.
How To Create a New Outlook Profile:?
Having a corrupt user profile that can cause Outlook. You will stick on the loading profile screen. An Outlook also gives you the option to create and use new profiles. In case, if you are the existing ones that have issues. Now, You can also create a new profile using the steps below.
- You have to Launch the Control Panel on your computer.
- Now, Find and then click on the Mail option.
- Then click on the Show Profiles on the following screen.
- Click on the Add button to add a new profile.
- You can also Enter a name for your new profile and click on OK.
- Now, you have to Enter the email account configuration that is for your new profile.
- If you are back in the Mail inbox. Then select your new profile that is available from the Always use this profile dropdown menu. Now, you can also click on the Apply followed by OK.
- You have to Open the Outlook app. Then this should no longer get and stuck on the loading profile screen.
When you can access Outlook. Then it is worth clearing the Outlook cache files to avoid any issues due to the cache in the future. So this is all about it!
Outlook will be stuck on the loading profile screen. If you will try to launch it. Then this is what it happens, Outlook won’t get past that screen no matter what you do. As the result, you can’t access any of your emails with the app. So, There are various reasons why Outlook is stuck on the loading profile screen.
Hope this guide will help you to resolve this issue! If You have any query let us know in the comments below.