Ways To Fix Start Taskbar And Action Center Greyed Out _Guide
In this guide, you will learn how to fix Start Taskbar And Action Center. In case, If you are using a light theme on your computer. Then you will also find that the Start taskbar and action center option in the color settings menu is grayed out. This means you can’t touch and edit it in your settings. Now, The reason is that this is why it has been disabling this. Just because of this Windows will also allow you to change the accent color of these elements in a light theme. Now, these elements might not be properly visible on your screen.
Although, if you must work with the option and then you would like it enabled. So, there are a few ways to do it. Also, Basically, you can just go into the Settings app and then enable an option and then it will activate the option for you. After that, you can also enable the option for both default and also custom themes but the steps are slightly different for each theme type.
How To Fix The Grayed Out Start Taskbar & Action Center Option With a Default Theme?
This is one of the quickest ways to fix the option. You have to make it modifiable and is also enable the default theme. So, that it will also come preloaded on your Windows computer. When you do it, then you will also find that the option is no longer grayed out and you can change its settings.
- You have to put your cursor in the Cortana search box. Then type in Settings, and then click on the Settings app. If you see it in the search results.
- Using the following screen, if you will need to find and then click on the option that says Personalization. Now, The option that you are looking for that is located there.
- If the menu opens, then look towards the left sidebar. Then find and then click on the option that reads Themes. So, It will also let you apply a new theme to your PC.
- Now, You will also see some various themes that you can also use on your computer. If You want to find the one that says Windows and click on it. After that, the theme will immediately be applied to your PC.
- In case, if you go to the screen where the option was earlier grayed out. After that, you will find that it is no longer grey and then you can actually work with it.
Now, this method will also get the job done in a few clicks. So, this is actually a limitation that will comes with it. Now, you can also see this in the above steps. This will also require you to apply the default Windows theme to your computer. In case, if this is not something that you are willing to do. Then you might also want to look for another method that will also let you enable the option in your current theme.
How To Enable The Grayed Out Start Taskbar and Action Center Option In a Custom Theme?
In case, if you don’t wish to leave your current theme but you will still want to have the aforesaid option enabled. Now, there is actually a method that will let you do it. This will basically ask you to change the color scheme of your theme. So, this will also activate the grayed-out option on your machine.
- You can also search for the Settings app just by using the Cortana search box. Then launch it if you see it in the search results.
- Then click on the Personalization option on the main screen of the app.
- Now, From the left sidebar on your screen. Then choose the option that says Themes. After that, find and click on the theme that you wish to use on your PC.
- You can also select the option that will also say about Colors that are from the left sidebar. Now, this will also let you change your theme’s color settings.
- Using the following screen, if you will also see your theme preview and then having a dropdown menu beneath it. Then Click on this menu and then select the Custom option. This will also let you specify custom color settings for your theme.
- Now, You will see two new menus on your screen. If You want to focus on the one that says Choose your default windows mode. Then select the Dark option from this menu.
- After that, You can now scroll down and then you will notice that the option is no longer grayed out.
Now, Each time you change a theme. Then you want to make sure you enable the option shown in the above steps so the option doesn’t get disabled.
How To Update The Display Drivers To Fix The Issue?
Now, The above thing should fix the issue that is for most users. Although, in a very rare case, if it did not work for you. Then you might want to try updating your display drivers to see if it helps resolve the issue.
- You will also Use the Cortana search box that you have to search for and then launch the Device Manager utility.
- After that, You will also see a list of all the hardware peripherals connected to your machine. If You want to find and then click on the option that says Display adapters.
- Now, you have to right-click on your display adapter that is from the list and choose Update driver.
- You have to follow the on-screen instructions and then update your display drivers.
- After that, You will also need to reboot your computer when the drivers are updated.
- Now, Open the Settings app, and then you will also see the Start, taskbar, and action center option that is not grayed out anymore.
Now, The reason is that this is why it has been disabling this. Just because of this Windows will also allow you to change the accent color of these elements in a light theme. Now, these elements might not be properly visible on your screen. Although, if you must work with the option and then you would like it enabled. So, there are a few ways to do it. Also, Basically, you can just go into the Settings app and then enable an option and then it will activate the option for you.