Ways to get the Unread Badge on Samsung Galaxy
In this article, you will learn how to get the unread badge on Samsung galaxy devices. The Android may be a trademark owned by Google. It is just that it is an open-source platform that makes it the largest contender in the mobile market today. If you face the pure Android experience has its upsides then the customized flavor of Android. The OEMs of Samsung bring with them unique features and the design elements that make their Galaxy lineup. After the release of Android 8.0 Oreo for the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Galaxy Note 8. That came to a bunch of new features that Samsung also brought in the brand new Samsung Experience 9.0 UX.
There are many things that we love about it. So it is one of the facts that we surely don’t is that the South-Korean company. They also removed some of the beloved features too. It is one of these features that are unread message bubble count on the app icons. It is the one that was a prized feature of Galaxy devices.
Hopefully, you can rely on 3rd party solution for the Play Store (APK). On the Home screen launchers like Apex Launcher Pro and Nova Launcher Prime also offer a lot of features. Those features also choose the world that is crashing down because of gone features like notification badge icons. In these apps, you can do bring back this essential feature. Now you can break down the whole process for you. So, here is a step-by-step tutorial that will help you to understand this topic.
Ways to get the unread badge on Samsung galaxy devices:
Here are two ways through which you can perform this process. Then both of which can involve a great 3rd party home screen replacement app. So, it is a companion app for this very purpose. Unfortunately, a standalone app is not available on the Play Store. But at least we couldn’t find one so that could do the job right away. If you need to install either of the Nova and Apex launchers and then their own add-on app so that you can get this done.
The main difference between these two methods is that they can get the unread badge. This can be done by using the Nova launcher plus TeslaUnread and in Apex launcher plus Apex Notifier.
With the Nova launcher, it counts the number of unread threads for the purpose. It is not the no. of unread messages. In this case, if you have 10 unread text messages from one contact in which forms just one thread in your messaging app. Then it will just show 1 as a count on the Messaging app’s icon. Now showing the 10. This process may work out for some people but others may prefer the count of 10. It is just because that’s the real no. of unread SMS. Also, if you have 2 unread messages from two different contacts. Then it becomes two unread threads in the messaging app. Now it would show the 2 which is fine.
The above first case may not be for many peoples who may want to know the no. of unread messages. It does not matter who sent it how many times.
Also see: How to Fix Google Play Server Error
Tip 1: How to Get notification count using Nova Launcher Prime?
It is one of the oldest customization tools so that it is available for the Android OS. With the Nova Launcher, it has been evolving to bring a user interface. So that it can truly unique to each user. The Nova Launcher is free to use so that you can need to purchase the Nova Launcher Prime app. If you want to unlock the full potential of the app then it includes the unread count feature.
All you have to do is that you need to do is purchase Nova Launcher Prime. The price of the Nova launcher prime is for $4.99. Now download the Nova Launcher and its companion app for the purposes. Then the TeslaUnread for Nova Launcher app in Links has been provided below.
Steps to get the Unread Badge on Samsung Galaxy:
When you have all three apps downloaded and installed on your device. Then launch the Nova Launcher app on your device.
- Then you will see the welcome screen you have to proceed by pressing the Next button. After that click on the continue option to choose your presents for the Overall theme, App drawer style. Now Open app drawer action.
- By using the Nova Launcher you can all set up then it is time to enable the Notification badges. This can be done from the Nova Settings app on the home screen.
- Move down to the app settings to find the Notification badges tab. Then you can select it to view the options.
- Now you can press on the tab next to Choose a style and then select from the options. Then select the Dynamic Badges, Dots, and Numeric Badges.
- After you select the Numeric Badges then you can even choose the Position and Size, Preset designs. You can also add the Colors, and Corner Radius of the Notification Badges as well.
- Then move over to the TeslaUnread app from the app drawer. Now you can open it to select those apps that you want the Notification badges to appear on the screen.
- If you are using the toggle switch right next to each of the app icons. Then you can enable or disable the Notification badge feature for them.
Now, you will now be able to enjoy the good old notification badges. So, you once did on the older Galaxy devices.
Tip 2: How to Get notification count using Apex Launcher Pro:
In this case, if you need a more detailed count on the number of unread messages within the Messages app. THen the other social media app in the Apex Launcher Pro is the best app. You can also unlike the Nova Launcher Prime. They can also use the Notification badges feature to only highlight the number of threads that are unread. The Apex Launcher takes into account every single unread message there is within the app. After that, you can start off by purchasing the Apex Launcher Pro app for $3.99. In which it is a buck cheaper than its competitor.
Steps to get the Unread Badge on Samsung Galaxy :
- When you have all three apps downloaded and installed. Then you just have to launch the Apex Launcher app on your device and then set it as your default Home.
- If you unlike Nova Launcher Prime then you don’t get to start off on a guided user interface. Also, it is but the default one.
- On the new home screen, you can find the Apex Settings icon and open it.
- By using the Apex Settings you have to scroll down to find Notification settings. Then you’ll be introduced to the Apex Notifier then add-on.
- You just have to press the toggle switch at the top of the screen. In order to enable the feature and then you may be notified with a pop-up window to install the Apex Notifier if you haven’t already.
- With the Notification Settings menu, you can now enable to feature and even customize the notification badge by changing attributes. It is just like the Badge shape, Badge color, Badge size, and even the Badge position.
- Move down to the Apps section in order to set your defaults for the Phone app, SMS app, Calendar app, Email app, and others.
- After that, you can now head back to the home screen and then see the app icons with the numbered notification badges in action.
- Both apps, the Nova Launcher Prime as well as Apex Launcher can deliver on the promise of bringing the notification badges to your Android device. It can be showing the unread message count on the app’s icon on the home screen.
So, by following the above procedure you can get the Unread Badge on Samsung Galaxy.
Related articles: Face unlock: How to fix if it is not working?
You can now get the Unread Badge on Samsung Galaxy. In the Nova Launcher Prime, the app is the undisputed king when it comes to complete the UI customization. Then we will be siding with the Apex Launcher. From this case for the fact that it takes into account every single unread message. If you are grouping all of them together then for a dollar cheaper than the competitor. So, it does what you expect of it.
Did you liked this article! let us know in the comment section.