Ways To Install And Update iPad iOS 9 Manually In iTunes
In case, if you decide that you would also like to update iPad and iPhone iOS 9. Then you can install iOS 9.0.1 manually using firmware. So, The manual firmware method is more advanced just by making it perhaps. This is also a specific reason just like this. You have to resolve the frustratingly unresponsive “Slide to Upgrade” screen. You have to fix the Software Update Failed error due to storage space limitations on the target device. The reason is that most of the time it is just easier due to bandwidth constraints. This is because you are updating multiple of the same devices. So, we will walk you through the entire process.
You have to note that this will perform a software update to install iOS 9.0.1. This does not perform a clean install or a device reset. Also, You will need the following to update an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to iOS 9 with firmware.
How To Download iOS 9 Manually In iTunes:
- First of all, you have to download iOS 9.0.1 IPSW firmware. When you complete the download then iOS 9 IPSW firmware for your device. You have to be sure to pick the exact model that you wish to update.
- After that, iTunes 12.3 is strongly recommended due to bundled iOS 9 support. This is through iTunes 12.2 apparently works too.
- Now, the USB / lightning cable for the iOS device, and a computer running the latest version of iTunes.
You have to note that you can also use iOS 9.0.1, or iOS 9.0 and then update to iOS 9.0.1. When you install this completely. So, this is for most users, and you will also want to use iOS 9.0.1 IPSW simply because it’s easier. Now, it does not matter if iTunes is on a Mac with OS X or a Windows PC. Then the instructions are almost the same.
You have to note that this firmware based method is intended for advanced users. Now, the average iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch owner should install the iOS 9 software update. This is through the Settings app in iOS, or iTunes as usual. By using a firmware file that offers a little benefit to the average user. Then simply complicates an otherwise easy update process.
To Create Backup Install To Update iPad iOS 9:
So, the iOS update process is usually very smooth. Then it is still recommended that you also take a backup. You have to ensure that your data is safe. So, Here is how.
Also, you can do this using iCloud or iTunes. Also, we recommend that you do it using iTunes because it does not require an Internet connection. So, here are the steps to take a backup of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
1) First of all, you have to connect your iOS device to a PC or Mac.
2) Now, open iTunes.
3) This is on the top-left (to the left of My Music). After that click on the icon that represents your iOS device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch icon).
4) Then under the Backups, you will also see the sub-head Manually Back Up and Restore.
5) You have to tap on the Back Up Now to start backing up your iOS device.
When the essential data from the default apps have been backed up. iTunes will also ask you if you want to transfer purchases. Now, this also creates a backup of all apps installed on your phone, along with data downloaded within those apps. You have to do this, then you will have to sign in with your Apple ID.
In this case, you also don’t have access to a computer. Then you can also use iCloud Backup. After that only 5GB is free and you will have to pay Rs. 60 per month for additional storage on iCloud.
Steps For iCloud:
1) You have to start backing up, on your iOS device. Then go to the Settings option. After that click on the iCloud option and tap on the Backup.
2) Now, Turn on the switch marked iCloud Backup. In this case, you will also get a warning telling you that your iPhone will not back up to your computer automatically. Click on the Ok button.
3) When the iCloud Backup is on then tap on the Back Up Now. So, This will also start backing up your data to iCloud.
You have to wait for the backup to finish before proceeding further. Now, you should see the Last Backup time. So, this should also appear right below Back Up Now. Then to correspond something recent once the backup is completed.
How To Update iPad and iPhone to iOS 9 Manually with Firmware and iTunes?
Now, this will also update a device running a prior version of iOS to iOS 9. This is as described here then it will also perform a software update. It does not restore or reset the device. Although, this always has a backup before beginning a software update.
- You have to Place the downloaded iOS 9.0.1 firmware file or downloaded iOS 9 firmware file somewhere easy to locate. This is just like the desktop.
- After that launch iTunes after you have the latest version.
- You have to connect to the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to the computer with a USB cable.
- Then select the device in iTunes.
- Now, Under the Backups section, you either choose iCloud. Also, choose the “Back up to this computer” and then select ‘Encrypt iPhone backup’. After that, click on the “Back Up Now” option then don’t skip backing up! If you finish your backing up then click on the continue option.
- In this step, you have to choose to use an IPSW file by entering an alternate update method.
- This is For Mac: OPTION + Click on the “Update” button.
- For Windows: You have to press SHIFT + Click on the ‘Update’ button.
- Then you have to navigate this in the file system to the IPSW file. Now, you have to download and then select it.
- You have to confirm that if you want to update to iOS 9 by clicking on the ‘Update’ option.
- So, let the process complete then this can take a little while.
Now, iTunes will also show a progress bar as it extracts the software from the IPSW file. Then the update of the iPhone / iPad / iPod touch, and then reboots. You DO NOT INTERFERE with the device when it is being updated. This is by doing so may mess up the update. If you finish this, then the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch will also reboot itself automatically. Also, you have to enter the iOS 9 setup screens.
So, The manual firmware method is more advanced just by making it perhaps. This is also a specific reason just like this. You have to resolve the frustratingly unresponsive “Slide to Upgrade” screen. You have to fix the Software Update Failed error due to storage space limitations on the target device. The reason is that most of the time it is just easier due to bandwidth constraints.
Now, you will be prompted to pick a six-digit passcode, set up Hey Siri, and asked a few other questions. You have to run through the simple setup. After that, you will be presented with your device that is freshly updated to iOS 9. Have a Nice Day!