Ways To Quickly Show All Text Messages On iPhone/iPad
So, The Messages app of iPhone and iPad will allow you to Show All Text Messages. You have to hold onto all text messages and iMessage. Then this has been sent and received through the app on that particular device. Now, unless the message threads were either deleted manually, automatically removed. This does not also restore through a backup. So, this also means that you can also browse through very old messages on any iPhone or iPad. In case, if it is necessary then you just have to open the Messages app of iOS. You have to choose a message thread. Then you can also scroll up to view older and older messages through that particular chat history.
Although, scrolling up to read through old Messages can be a slow and tiresome process. Luckily, a simple tip that can help speed up the task and that helps to view old messages on an iPhone or iPad. In case, if you already know the content of the old message you’re looking for. You can also use the Messages Search feature on your iPhone or iPad. After that, you have to find it directly. Now, everyone knows that the message content they’re looking for is an older message. This is also possible that they are just browsing old messages for another reason. In this case, the trick below is the fastest way that is currently available to read through and find old Messages on an iOS device.
Ways to Quickly Show All Text Messages iPhone or iPad:
- First of all, you have to open the Messages app on iOS.
- You have to choose the Messages that can thread. If you want to read or view the old messages from by tapping on them.
- If the message thread is active on the device screen. Then you have to tap on the very top of the display. So, this is very near where the clock is located on iPhone X with the screen notch. This can also be protruding into the top of the screen, you can tap the notch.
- You have to wait for the little progress indicator. Then to show up and if it goes away you have to tap on the top of the screen again.
- In this step, you have to repeat this top tapping trick. You have to continue and then loading older messages. In this case, if you find the old message(s) then you were looking for.
So, this is all about it. You have to keep using that tap-at-the-top trick until the messages load. In case, if yes then you are also going far back in time to a message thread from several years ago. Then it will also take a lot of consistent tapping on the top of the screen. You just have to wait for that and load the cursor to finish and then go away and then tap this again. Now, you can also keep tapping until you reach the very beginning of the message thread. You can also assume that this has not been deleted or otherwise not maintained on the device in question.
Ways To Quickly Show All Text Messages on iPhone without scrolling using the search bar:
- First of all, you have to Launch the messages app on your iPhone.
- Then Drag the screen down and then the search bar. So, this will also appear at the top of the home screen.
- After that, you can also enter a phrase, phone number, or keyword string in the search bar. Also, the result will automatically display on your screen. This is in real-time as you type.
- So, the major drawback of using this method is you to do not get to search a specific message by date.
Ways to show all text messages on iPhone without Scrolling via Spotlight Search:
- This is from the middle of the home screen and swipes down.
- You have to Tap on the search bar that locates at the top of the interface.
- In this step, you have to Type in the context. This includes the relevant information, phrase, or also phone number of the deleted messages.
- In the end, this will also display that is according to the apps. You have to select all of the messages you are looking for by tapping them.
How To Quickly Get to the Beginning of a Text Conversation:
- First of all, you have to open a message thread of your choice.
- Then you have to tap on the top bar on your screen interface. So, the bar that can also display the information such as mobile carrier name. The battery level, current time, and some of the other information.
- Now, The thread will also scroll in to the initial message that was sent. So, these trick can also use for some of the other messaging apps. For example, Viber WhatsApp, WeChat, etc.
So this is also a pretty straight forward and also the simple trick. Then you can also utilize the longstanding hidden scroll feature of iPhone and iPad devices. This can also allow you to top at or near the top of the screen. You can immediately scroll to the very top of an active iOS app. It includes the webpage, document, or as you can see here, a conversation in the Messages app.
Now, this is worth pointing out that this is not the only way. You have to view and then read the old messages. In case, if iMessages or text messages, on an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Then the other methods will also require the usage of a computer. The iTunes, and USB cable can connect with it. This can also unencrypt the iOS device backup can be made. It can also access and then browse this through directly by going through the iPhone Messages database backup file.
Then admittedly that is quite a bit more advanced. From this it can also require a computer and the iTunes it may not be suitable for all users. This is for looking to read through old messages. Now, there are also some of the third party apps that can make that computer-based process easier. So, this is beyond the scope of this article.
So, this is all about to show all text messages.
Now, unless the message threads were either deleted manually, automatically removed. This does not also restore through a backup. So, this also means that you can also browse through very old messages on any iPhone or iPad. In case, if it is necessary then you just have to open the Messages app of iOS. You have to choose a message thread. Then you can also scroll up to view older and older messages through that particular chat history.
Did you have any other tips, tricks, or methods of viewing and reading old messages on an iPhone or iPad? Kindly Share them with us in the comments below!