What Are The Ways To Clear Print Spooler On Windows?
This article is all about Clear Print Spooler on windows. Let me know that have you ever been in a situation where want to print but cannot. Then you have to wait for the job in order to get printed but this does not! So, there is a lot of reasons why print jobs don’t get printed. Also, this is one of the most common causes. So, the printer queue that has a stuck print job.
Now, this can also happen for several reasons. Then let us say that you can have ever tried to print something a few hours back but also the printer was off. Now, you also have to end this up not needing the document and then forgot about it. After that, you can have to come back and then try in order to print again. In this case, the print job is added to the queue and then this is if the earlier job. That this did not get removed automatically and then the new one will also be stuck. So, it is behind that job that never got printed.
Most of the time, if you can manually open the queue and then delete the print job. Then sometimes you cannot. In most cases that you must have to clear the print queue manually. So, this article will also walk this through the steps needed to clear the print queue.
In this case, if you have a long list of hung or corrupt print jobs in Microsoft Windows 10, 8, or 7. Then you can also clear the print queue so that you can easily by using either of these methods.
Some of the methods that will help you To Clear Print Spooler On Windows:
To Clear Print Spooler Using Command Method
In this case, you can also clear the print queue by using commands like this.
- First of all, you have to select the Start button.
- Then you have to type then Command.
- After that Right-click on the Command Prompt and then you have to select the Run as administrator.
- You have to type the net stop spooler and then you have to press the Enter button.
- Now, you have to type the del%systemroot%\system32\spool\printers\* /Q and then press the Enter button.
- You have to Type the net start spooler and then press the Enter button.
- So, the print queue that is on your Windows. Then you should now be cleared. Then you have to type the exit and then press the Enter button. In order to exit the command window.
- Also See: LinkedIn Desktop: How Can You View Full Version Website
Clear Print Spooler Using GUI Method
Now, you can also clear the print queue by using the Windows GUI.
- First of all, you have to hold down by the Windows Key, and then you have to press the R in order to bring up the Run dialog.
- You have to Type the services. msc and then press the Enter button.
- Then you have to find the Print Spooler service that is on the list. You have to Right-click on it and then you have to select the Stop option.
- You have to leave all of the Services window open. Then you have to hold down on to the Windows Key and then press R in order to bring up the Run dialog.
- Now, you have to Type the %systemroot%\system32\spool\printers\ and then you have to press the Enter key.
- Then you have to select all of the files just by holding the CTRL and then by pressing the A button.
- Now, you have to press the Delete key in order to delete all of the files.
- You just have to go back to the Services window. Then right-click on the Print Spooler and then you have to select the Start button.
To Clear the print queue via the Settings app
- First of all, you have to open the Settings app, and then you have to navigate to the Devices. Then click on the Printers & scanners.
- Then you have to click on your printer in order to see the Open queue button. You have to tap on the Open queue button in order to view all of the print queue jobs.
- Now, you have to Right-click on a print job and then you have to click on the Cancel option. In order to clear it from the print queue. You have to clear all of the documents that are from the print queue at once. You have to click on the Printer menu and then click on the Cancel All Documents option.
To Manually clear in Windows 10
- In order to use this method if the print job got stuck in the queue. So, you are unable in order to clear the queue just by following the methods mentioned above.
- By using the Start menu or taskbar search box you have to type the services. msc and then you have to press the Enter key in order to open the Services window.
- Then there is a look that is for Print Spooler service. You have to Right-click on the Print Spooler service and then you have to click on the Stop option. In order to minimize the Services window.
- When you have to open File Explorer and then you have to navigate to the following folder: C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS
- In this case, C is the driver letter that is of Windows 10 install drive. Also, if you see a dialog with the You don’t currently have permission to access this folder message. Then you have to click on the continue button in order to open up the PRINTERS folder. In this case, if you are not the admin then you might need this in order to enter the password.
- So, that this has the Under in the PRINTERS directory then you will see many files. You have to select all of the files and then you have to press this. In order to that, you can delete the key in order to delete all files. Now, this will also clear the print queue. You have to click on the Yes button if you will also see the confirmation dialog.
- You have to Maximize the Services window and then right-click on the Print Spooler service and then click on to Start button in order to start the service.
To Use third-party tools:
There are plenty of free tools that are out there in order to help you clear the print queue in Windows10. So, that the Print Queue Cleaner, Print Service Manager, and then the PrintFlush are two free tools. Then that you can also use it in order to clear the print queue in Windows 10.
Related Articles: Way to Remove Apps from iPhone 8/X: Tutorial Guide
If you can also print a document or image then the Window also places the document or image in a queue that can call as the print queue. So, in the short term, the print queue is nothing but the list of documents waiting to print. Then Windows 10 automatically clears the print queue if the printer also completes all pending jobs. Also, there is sometimes that you may need in order to manually clear the print queue in order to resolve a stuck print job.
Hope this guide will help you to resolve Your issue! If you still facing some kind of issue let us know in the comment section!