wii softmod – Jailbreak Old Nintendo Wii
Well, now that the Wii-U is out, there is not much use for that old Wii you have laying around is there? This is wrong. You can turn your old Wii into a total Nintendo entertainment center through jailbreaking it. The form we’ll cover in this tutorial is basically called a SoftMod, and it will only take a few minutes in order to completely crack open the Wii and will give you complete control over the console. In order to start this, you’ll just need just a few things. We will discuss Wii softmod – Jailbreak Old Nintendo Wii.
- 1GB SD card (non-SDHC if possible)
- Computer along with internet connection and SD card reader.
- Wii console
- Wii firmware version 4.3 (open the Wii system options, and this appears at the top-right)
- External USB hard drive, or a large (32GB+) USB thumb drive.
Jailbreak Old Nintendo Wii | Wii softmod
- You have to find your Wii’s MAC address. Then visit the [LetterBomb website] and then enter the MAC address in order to download the customized exploit package. Then cut the red wire.
- Keep the checkbox “Bundle the HackMii installer” ticked whenever using the LetterBomb site.
- Choose the firmware version that matches yours.
- Your MAC address is basically listed in the Wii system options. It is located on the menu at the “Internet” (page two), and then under the “Console Information” as well.
- Now format your SD card so that it is FAT32. In Windows, this is really easy to do. Right-tap on the SD card drive from My Computer or Windows Explorer and then choose “Format.” Then change the file system option to FAT32, then leave the rest of the settings at default, and then tap Start.
Note: | Wii softmod
Formatting the card will remove all data that is currently on it. Backup anything, you do not want to lose before you format actually.
- First, download this mod pack.
- Then extract both the modpack and LetterBomb so that the contents of these zip files are on the SD card as well. Do not save the zip files themselves to the SD card, only the contents actually.
- Now insert the SD card.
- Open the Wii system messages and then browse to yesterday’s messages. The LetterBomb icon should show up there. Tap on it along with the Wii remote pointer.
- The Wii will then install LetterBomb and Hackmii. When you do that, then it will ask you to Push 1 on the Wiimote in order to continue. So you have to follow the instructions onscreen. Install the Homebrew Channel and Bootmii now.
- You have to make a backup, if something breaks or bricks then you will be jubilant to have one. You can do this through Bootmii. If you left the Hackmii installation settings at their default, then you likely installed Bootmii as a boot2. This means to open up Bootmii you guys will need to do it through the Homebrew Channel.
- Open the Homebrew channel and tap on the Home button on the Wiimote. Open Bootmii.
- Bootmii does not really use the Wii remote so you’ll need to use the buttons on the console itself for this part. You can also use a Gamecube controller if you guys have one.
- Tap on the power button on the Wii console three times in order to go to the last option. And then tap on the reset button in order to select it.
- Click reset to select the first option. Follow what it says on the screen in order to proceed with creating the backup.
- The backup is now saved to the SD card.
Then | wii softmod
I suggest you to copy the backup files off the of the SD card onto your computer and then upload them Dropbox or another backup solution. This way if your Wii ever fails you’ll then know where you can find them.
- Back in the Homebrew channel, open the Wii Mod Batch. It should be the first title listed on the screen. It will automatically install everything.
- Launch Priiloader from the Homebrew channel. It’s the weird-looking one with orange text. Now after it is loaded:
- Push + on the Wiimote in order to install Priiloader.
- Then simultaneously hold Rest + Power on the console itself in order to restart the Wii into Priiloader.
- Turn on the following hacks (and any others that you want):
- Auto press A at health screen
- Region free each and everything
- Block disc updates
- Block online updates
- Remove NoCopy Save File Protection
Alright, folks, I hope you like this “wii softmod” article and understand now. If you have any issues and queries related to it, just comment down and let us know.