Whether you guys are sitting at a Windows PC in order to read this article. Next to different system procedures helped you get here. However, they helped you start up your computer, make a graphical user interface to permit you to sign in to Windows, connect to the internet, though open your web browser, and furthermore. The topic of this tutorial guide is “Yourphone.Exe in Windows 10: What is it? (And Should You Guys Stop It)”.
However, Windows has different system processes & applications. But most of them probably are not familiar to you. One procedure you probably not have heard of is yourphone.exe. Except for other system processes such as svchost.exe, yourphone.exe is a recent system method that is also been introduced in Windows 10. Here is everything you must have to know about it.
What Is Yourphone.exe & Should You Disable It?
Well, whether you view the yourphone.exe process (or similar) running in Windows Task Manager. Next, you are running Windows 10 & you have the Your Phone app running in the background.
However, the Your Phone app is a moderately new Windows feature that permits you to sync simply your Windows device with an Android smartphone or tablet running Android 7 or later. It permits you to read your device notifications, simply including incoming messages, without looking at your Android device directly.
Whether you guys are an iPhone or iPad user, you are also able to still use the Your Phone app. But you are limited to browser link sharing, though with no other features recently available. You will need Microsoft Edge installed on your iPhone or iPad to be able to perform this.
You guys are also able to share files & images b/w your devices, simply reply to text messages from your computer, and further. It’s a Microsoft application, so it’s computer safe for you to keep running on your computer.
Whether you guys like to disable it, you can. You are also able to manually prevent the yourphone.exe process in Windows Task Manager. Or you guys are also able to stop it from running in the background in Windows Settings. You are also able to remove it completely using Windows PowerShell.
Way to Manually Prevent the Yourphone.exe Process
Whether you guys think the yourphone.exe method is running on your computer. And you like to prevent it, you can perform so manually using Windows Task Manager.
- For doing this, you guys will need to head to Windows Task Manager by right-tapping the taskbar at the bottom of your screen. Though just from the options menu, just press Task Manager. On the other hand press Ctrl + Shift + Esc on your keyboard to head to it manually.
- Now in the Windows Task Manager window, you must have to search for the Your Phone process. Whether the application is open, though this will then appear as Your Phone. Whether it’s running in the background, it probably appears on your phone instead.
- To prevent the Your Phone or YourPhone process, here right-click it & press the End Task option.
However, this will end the running procedure until the next time you restart or until you open the Your Phone application manually. Whether you are using Your Phone features, this will stop the app from working in the background. However, you guys won’t get notifications or messages that are synced across from your Android device until the application is opened again.
Disabling the Your Phone App in Windows 10
Closing the yourphone.exe procedure will just stop the application just from working until you restart. Whether you like to prevent it from automatically loading in the background when you reboot your computer, you will just have to disable it in your Windows Settings menu.
- In order to head to the Windows Settings, you should right-click the Start menu & press the Settings option.
- In the Window Settings menu, now press the Privacy > Background apps. Though just from here, a list of applications that are able of running in the background will also be listed. Here locate the Your Phone application just by dropping via the list on the right. Though to disable it, you should click the slider next to it to the Off position.
At a time when it is disabled, so the Your Phone application will no longer be able in order to run in the background. The next time you restart your computer, the application will no longer appear in the Windows Task Manager process list until you guys head to the app yourself.
Whether you never use the application, similarly, the app will never appear except you open it. Though this will leave it disabled but completely ready to use, should you alter your mind in the future?
Clearing the Your Phone App (Yourphone.exe) by using Windows PowerShell
Well, disabling the Your Phone application by preventing it from running in the background though will depart it effectively disabled. But you will still be able to open it manually. Whether you guys like to remove it entirely, you will need to use Windows PowerShell to perform so.
Whilst it is not generally advisable to clear built-in Windows components. It is totally safe to remove this application. It is not a core system component, so it should not influence any other features. However, clearing it will prevent you from syncing your Android device with Windows. But you are also able to reinstall the application from the Microsoft Store later.
Must read this article: Ways To Connect To A Remote Registry _Window 7 & 10
- To clear yourphone.exe, you will just have to open a PowerShell window with administrative access. For doing this, right-click the Start menu & press the Windows PowerShell option.
- Now in the Windows PowerShell window, you are also able to run a command that will prevent the components used for Your Phone (adding yourphone.exe) from functioning. For doing this, must type Get-AppxPackage Microsoft. your phone -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage & hit enter.
- However, you won’t view any confirmation that the Your Phone application also has been deleted. Whether the command is successful, no response in the PowerShell window will be recorded at that time. You probably also have to remove the installation files for the Your Phone application after performing this. You are also able to access these files by opening the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ folder in Windows File Explorer.
- Similarly, in the C:\Program Files\WindowsApps folder, view an additional folder that starts with Microsoft.YourPhone (for example, Microsoft.YourPhone_1.20081.117.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe). The folder name will alter, relying on the version of the app recently installed on your computer. Lots of folders with Microsoft. your phone tag probably is listed. Though look for the folder that has the system architecture tag (eg. x64).
- To remove the folder, right-click it & press Delete. This will remove all Your Phone app files, just including the yourphone.exe file.
- You probably have to press Continue in the Folder Access Denied pop-up to give allowance to remove the folder.
- Whether the folder won’t remove, you are also able to use a Windows PowerShell command to forcefully clear it. For doing this, type Remove-Item -path “C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.YourPhone_1.20081.117.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe” & press Enter. Here replace Microsoft.YourPhone path with the right way for your PC first, relying on the app version. Although after running the command, here press Y to make sure the deletion.
Whether the command is successful, the folder (& all files have within) should be removed. Whether the command returns an error, confirm that the Your Phone application is not still running, next use the -Force tag at the end of the command in order to force the Windows to remove all of the Your Phone files.
Understanding Important System Processes in Windows 10
Furthermore, other system methods, just like the msmpeng.exe, are considered the most essential components of your Windows 10 installation, and preventing or removing them would cause Windows to stop functioning. Thankfully, the Your Phone app is not as essential, so whether you do like to clear it, you can, however, it’s too best to simply disable it & leave it in place.
Whether you are worried about processes in Windows Task Manager. That you are not familiar with, next you should scan for malware to confirm your computer is still safe. Whether you do not have antivirus protection installed. Then there are enormous free antivirus removal tools you guys are able to use instead, including the built-in Windows Security tool.
Must read this article: Ways To Get Bluetooth On A PC Without Adapter _Guide
However, Windows has different system processes & applications. But most of them probably are not familiar to you. One procedure you probably not have heard of is yourphone.exe. Except for other system processes such as svchost.exe, yourphone.exe is a recent system method that is also been introduced in Windows 10. Here is everything you must have to know about it. Well, I hope that you like this guide. In case of queries so then you can ask us in the comments section below.